Skincarver PRC Bugs

For reporting various bugs found in the module.
Ronan

Skincarver PRC Bugs

Postby Ronan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:53 am

I tacked one of these on in another thread, but wanted to repost it in a relevant one for clarity sake! :D

Upon taking my first level of Skincarver, I chose the Tattoo of the Crescent Moon..... which should give me a third usage of my barbarian rage on top of the two I got from being a barbarian, however, it currently does not work.

Also, when I go to choose my character Edvard Adler on login, instead of saying Barbarian 4 / Skincarver 1, it says Barbarian 4 / Jalek has been assigned to be your..... (It trails off at this point, and I cannot read more.) Most likely just some issue with the wrong text being read, nothing gameplay related at all, but I see it, I report it. :D

Thanks!

Kerstman

Re: Skincarver PRC Bugs

Postby Kerstman » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:00 am

Ronan wrote:Also, when I go to choose my character Edvard Adler on login, instead of saying Barbarian 4 / Skincarver 1, it says Barbarian 4 / Jalek has been assigned to be your..... (It trails off at this point, and I cannot read more.) Most likely just some issue with the wrong text being read, nothing gameplay related at all, but I see it, I report it. :D

Thanks!
I see this as well with my PC that has a level in Spirit Caller and I also see it in the server character list when other PrC's are logged in. I think it has to do with the same thing that causes freshly created characters with flunky skills if you do not start NWN through the launcher or if you first not log in a dummy character. If you first log in with Edvard or another PC of yours, then log off without quitting NWN and then log in again with Edvard it should say Barbarian (4) / Skin Carver (1) correctly.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Ataraxia

Postby Ataraxia » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:27 am

Custom classes' names show up as weird names when you choose your character because NWN loads the haks after you log in not before. It can give things like "Bad Strref" or a bunch of other things like "Me get reward for doing stuff?" or in your case "Jalek has been assigned..". Haks not being loaded in character select is why we have to use the NWNCX launcher to have the correct mechanics while creating a new character. (I could be wrong but from my understanding, that's it.)

As for the Tattoo, thanks for reporting that.. Means I won't pick it on my skincarver until it's fixed.

Baldgeek

Postby Baldgeek » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Ataraxia wrote:Custom classes' names show up as weird names when you choose your character because NWN loads the haks after you log in not before. It can give things like "Bad Strref" or a bunch of other things like "Me get reward for doing stuff?" or in your case "Jalek has been assigned..". Haks not being loaded in character select is why we have to use the NWNCX launcher to have the correct mechanics while creating a new character. (I could be wrong but from my understanding, that's it.)
When I originally joined the server I saw anomalies such as this as well and it was other overrides that were the cause. It may be worth creating an Easting Reach override folder that you can do one of two ways (if you haven't already)
1) Save your current folder and create an empty one ... and as Ataraxia suggest utilize that NWNCX launcher ... no muss no fuss ...
OR
2) Create a new override folder (once again save your current) and download the overrides from the Server Download section of the forum: Click me

NOTE : like Antaraxia gleaned it could also be a /hak issue ... that being said what I personally did was create BOTH an override folder and hak folder specifically for ER and use NWNCX ... and have had no issues since ... so at the end of the day perhaps that would be your best course of action ... anyway enough of me yammering on ;)

Hope this may answer the issues ... and feel free to PM me anytime if you'd like and I can certainly try to assist further 8-)

~BG
"Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you." - Tasslehoff Burrfoot

Character: Trish Winterbrooke: halfling ranger, herbalist, woodcrafter, follower of Sheela Peryroyl and proud owner of some unkempt strawberry blonde hair ...

Ataraxia

Postby Ataraxia » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:56 pm

Does anyone know if the tattoo of the Crescent Moon is still dysfunctional?

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Postby Loreweaver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:49 pm

The bug has not yet been addressed, no.