Bug – weapon stats decrease after appearance edit

For reporting various bugs found in the module.
Astral Fire

Bug – weapon stats decrease after appearance edit

Postby Astral Fire » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:48 pm

Hey guys, something odd happened today.

I found with Cass this sword that gives an AC, balance and electrical saving throw bonuses. Now she isn’t trained to use swords, but, considering its defensive properties and the fact she almost never attacks in battle, I decided to use it anyway thanks to the weapon handling feat, despite the damage decrease the sword had and the non-training malus.

However, only after editing its appearance, a -2 attack permanent attack penalty appeared on the weapon, even if I give it to a warrior. Is that normal? If not how can it be removed?

Thanks!

Danuvis

Re: Bug – weapon stats decrease after appearance edit

Postby Danuvis » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 pm

I'm fairly certain that it's only a visual bug, so I think there should be no issue there. If someone with the appropriate feats takes and equips the item, it should be all good.

Astral Fire

Re: Bug – weapon stats decrease after appearance edit

Postby Astral Fire » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Yes, the bug then is reverse then. It didn't show this decrease while wielding it after having found it (and the total attack bonus was the same as she had using a morningstar), despite the lack of the proper feat to use it. Now it seems that, if used by someone with the proper feat is all ok, if not, the -2 attack penalty appears.
But it didn't appear the first time Cass wielded it.