Horse issues

For reporting various bugs found in the module.
Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Horse issues

Postby Loreweaver » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:21 am

Author: Ponyrealms [ Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:57 pm ]
Post subject: Horse Rental

I rented a horse with Oderick, cost 2 silvers, it was very fun but a couple of bugs to report. First of all, I used a newly purchased saddle on it, and when the horse went away, it did not let me return it. Also the horse got cloned in Sarshel as I was mounting it, which would explain the horse some people may have seen nearby the entrance of the city. Lastly that I can remember for now, it did not give me any options of dialogue to dismiss it or anything of the like.

----------

Author: kerstman [ Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:09 pm ]
Post subject: Re: Horse Rental

It also seems that the horse always has to be in the same area as the PC who 'leads' it. That also goes for indoor areas. Seemingly of any kind.

Cloaks do not show on horses, but I think I've seen that on other servers too. It may be a general NWN issue.

With one torso look for his armor Oderick looked like Ray-man when on the horse. No torso, only a head and limbs. This was fixed after he chose another torso model for the armor.

----------

Author: Ponyrealms [ Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:11 pm ]

Ah yes, basically I had to use a neck slot for the cloak and a different robe slot. Could not get any shields to appear.

----------

Author: blatob [ Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:30 pm ]

Cloak slot is used to represent the horse.

----------

Author: Copper Dragon [ Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:58 am ]

Cloaks and shields are known not to appear on horseback. This isn't TER-related, I believe.

~ Copper

----------

Author: Toros [ Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 am ]
Post subject: Purchasing horse issues

Jerek attempted to buy a horse today, while in a party with Kelda and Edvard.

The money was taken, a horse was spawned, but it did not belong to any of the three, nor was Jerek able to mount or apply any horse equipment. All of these were possible with a rental horse prior to server reset.

In addition, no proof of ownership was provided, nor was the horse removed and replaced upon logging.

Big thank you to Oldbear for refunding the 2 balan that otherwise would've been lost to spawn a non-assigned horse.

Screenshot attached shows where the money was taken, and the horse in question.

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot of issue

----------

Author: Toros [ Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 am ]
Post subject: Horse bug

So upon buying a horse today, all the basic functions worked minus one: when I logged back in there was no horse.

I have proof of ownership, and the horse was left just outside the stables.

I'm assuming a bug in the routine that adds the horse back in on login.

----------

Author: Toros [ Mon May 18, 2015 4:57 am ]
Post subject: Re: Horse bug

Edit: not fixed.

I found a new, very minor bug, which is that the "allow/disallow other riders" doesn't appear to function.

Again, this is a very minor bug, and you can let other people ride your horse by handing them the proof of purchase. Obviously, this requires trust, but we have a mature playerbase so I don't anticipate any issues.

----------

Author: Toros [ Tue May 19, 2015 7:07 pm ]

I was mistaken. It appears if a player crashes (while in party?) the horse is removed and not added back, I'm assuming until server reset.

----------

Author: Toros [ Sun May 24, 2015 7:26 am ]

Alright, found a horse bug specific to paladin mounts.

Specifically, when you mount and then unmount a paladin horse, it defaults the name and stats to "horse - black" and while it is in the party, it gives the "disinterested" message and cannot be mounted, saying it belongs to someone else.

Removing from party, resting, and resummoning removes the bugged horse and adds the appropriate paladin mount, suggesting the issue lies in the code for respawning the horse after the player dismounts.

----------

Author: Toros [ Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:43 pm ]

While I was testing a dungeon solo last weekend, I found an odd bug. I had my paladin mount out fighting and it took the majority of it's hp in damage. When I dismounted, the "horse - black" took 9 damage, ending up with 6 hp. It seems as though every time I summon my mount since, that after dismount "horse - black" still has 6 hp, even through server resets.

It was fighting spiders.

Ponyrealms
Official Greeter (with Jingly Bells)

Re: Horse issues

Postby Ponyrealms » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Aaaaaaaalright then! So the other night I must've been drunk or very tired because I bought a horse on Barnabis. And it worked very well and it was all very fancy, Barnabis named him Craven. But now I log in and he's gone! When I use the certificate to find its location it speaks "Horse not found". I do not know if there was been a reset between when I bought it and now, but I didn't play in between.

Now I know I was warned against this horsery business, but let's be honest, wouldn't it be cooler if the system was polished and we could all ride horses?!

Above all, remain true to yourselves.

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:53 pm

At present there is an issue where your horse will vanish every time you log in following your first log in at each server reset. You will be able to discover your horse again at that point, but I'm afraid it is a once-per-reset situation at present while bugs are still being explored.

The other issue I have discovered is that those without the 'Mounted Archery' feat who take an AB penalty of -4 will remain afflicted with the -4 penalty even after equipping another weapon or dismounting. The only known ways of avoiding this are to never equip a ranged weapon on horseback, or to be killed and raised again by a DM.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:25 pm

I can live for now on only having my horse after a reset. But today, I went to disarm the expensive armor barding and it disappeared. It is not in my inventory it is not my horse and the yellow text that shows it is removed when you take off the saddle or saddle bags didn't appear either. If you will, I would like to have the scale barding back and from now on, I won't try to remove it. Ornak is the owner of the horse in question.

Toros

Postby Toros » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:26 am

Dying on a paladin mount renders the summon mount feat unusable and is not fixed by reset nor resting.

Trying to summon one says that "you are already mounted on a paladin mount" and trying to dismount on self says "that mount belongs to someone else."

Also, I play Galondel.

Ponyrealms

Postby Ponyrealms » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 pm

New bug! I logged out while mounted thinking it might help with some of the previous bugs, but by the time I logged back on the server had reset anyway. So anyway I noticed the benefit of the scaled barding were not being counted, I'm pretty sure it gave 3 ac while mounted, and so after mounting on and off a few times in an attempt to refresh the AC, I took the scaled barding, but it did not give me anything, indeed it disappeared.

EDIT: I might buy a new one in case DMs don't feel like providing for the lost one. :mrgreen:

Toros

Postby Toros » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:16 am

Toros wrote:Dying on a paladin mount renders the summon mount feat unusable and is not fixed by reset nor resting.

Trying to summon one says that "you are already mounted on a paladin mount" and trying to dismount on self says "that mount belongs to someone else."
To add to this it is possible to get the permanent -4 AB bug while a paladin is bugged like this.

For those that aren't familiar, if you use a ranged weapon while mounted, the -4 AB penalty doesn't go away when you switch back until the pc dies and is rez'd or the server resets. As Jerek is always considered mounted, using a ranged weapon (at least as of recently) causes this bug on foot as well.

Effectively, this renders the character unable to use the paladin level 6 benefit (summon mount) or able to use ranged weapons without crippling his AB (it stacks with imp. expertise for a total of -10 to his AB).

Also, I play Galondel.

Toros

Postby Toros » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 am

Toros wrote:
Toros wrote:Dying on a paladin mount renders the summon mount feat unusable and is not fixed by reset nor resting.

To add to this it is possible to get the permanent -4 AB bug while a paladin is bugged like this.

For those that aren't familiar, if you use a ranged weapon while mounted, the -4 AB penalty doesn't go away when you switch back until the pc dies and is rez'd or the server resets. As Jerek is always considered mounted, using a ranged weapon (at least as of recently) causes this bug on foot as well.

Effectively, this renders the character unable to use the paladin level 6 benefit (summon mount) or able to use ranged weapons without crippling his AB (it stacks with imp. expertise for a total of -10 to his AB).
This bug was fixed-ish and now is bugged again. The mount can currently be summoned but not mounted. Also, repeatedly equipping a ranged weapon provided a stacking -4 AB bonus down to a minimum of -10,-15 AB.

Also, I play Galondel.

Ponyrealms

Postby Ponyrealms » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:05 pm

So about the barding armor disappearing, it happens when you log out while mounted on the horse and the server then resets. You will notice after the reset and logging back on that you're mounted on the horse but none of the bonuses attached, if you dismount the horse does not spawn next to you, but where it was last before the reset.

So when you find your horse and you mount it again the bonuses apply but not the AC from the barding, so if you speak to the horse to remove it, and you click on remove it, you remove it, but the barding does not go to the inventory. Therefore its lost. Would be nice to get one back, lost 2 already, if any DMs feel generous with their time...

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:11 pm

I know Ornak lost his when he tried to remove the one on his horse as well.