Ehangwyn Remake request

Moderator: Aethereal

Reclusive Walker

Ehangwyn Remake request

Postby Reclusive Walker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 am

For the short of it I've been mulling over the idea of remarking Ehan since around level four, if not earlier. I just haven't gotten around to it because lazy / exp grind. I could extrapolate more over what I plan on doing, but it's going to be more or less a total overhaul of the character. I'm still working out the details of such madness, so everything is vague.

Minor
Changing his description
Fixing his name, (his last name has a typo in there, that probably no one ever noticed)
Tattooing his face model so it looks better.
Not putting in skills at level one like a potato because coming back from a nearly year long hiatus and forgetting best practice character creation.

Major
Stat adjustments, more strength from somewhere. Maybe, a lowering of dex for other abilities.
Multiple skill adjustments:
Getting rid of set trap - while very useful, it's hard for Ehan to actually get, and keep supplied with traps through all the various means.
Getting rid of stealth most likely - I don't enjoy exploring alone, and while it has other uses, people tend to ignore the 'I'm scouting ahead' anyways.
Basically replacing all of his ranger levels with Fighter. I'm still debating on the exact 'build' I want for Ehan. But I've never really RPed him as a 'ranger', more so then an elven warrior who lingers around the forest.

A lot of this if not all of it falls under being new to the server, and having finally felt comfortable enough to make a decision that I'd like to just overhaul most of the mechanics surrounding my character.

Entheogen
DM

Re: Ehangwyn Remake request

Postby Entheogen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:51 pm

The team is open to allowing changes but would like more specifics, can you break down more precisely what it is you want?

Current levels and proposed levels.
Specific stat changes.
Better idea of skill changes, exact numbers if you can.

Description can be changed in game, see the journal commands. Copies can be found on wiki and discord.
  • Entheo Genesthe - Retired, Swordhall Proprietor, Vassal of Swordcaptain Lady Rilaunyr
  • Varðr Sigurdsson - Martyr's Progeny, (eventually) Golden Lion, (eventually) Champion of Torm
  • Essuh Terik - Arcanist of Erudition, Meta-Mage, Arcane Crafter
  • Umbra - Thief, Scout-Informant, Assassin

Reclusive Walker

Postby Reclusive Walker » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:38 pm

All other stats staying the same
Str 14 (Gain 2 strength from wisdom)
Wis 10 (Lose 2 wisdom for STR)

Current build 6 Ranger
New build 1 Ranger 3 fighter 2 Wild shot 2 fighter
Level Feats
1 Point blank shot
3 Weapon Focus Longbow
6 blind fight (Replacing called shot)

Class bonus feats
Fighter 2 (level 3) Rapid shot
Fighter 3 (Level 4) Weapon Specalization Longbow
Fighter 5 (level 8) Improved critical longbow

Skill points per class
Ranger 8 (x4 first level)
Fighter 5
Wild shot 6

SP total

Level 8 skills (Most of this is kept the same. Just losing stealth and set trap for a few points into intimidate.)
Heal 11
Knowledge 11
Perception 11
Balance 9 (Final point CCed)
Survival 9 (Final point CCed) probably will go 8, save the CC points for -
Search 9 (Final point CCed)
Leaving 6-8 points left for Diplo / intimidate max of 8

Krivoklat

Postby Krivoklat » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:45 pm

I'm not part of the team, so don't really have any say in approving or disapproving, but coming from someone who has 6 characters in TER...

This sounds like an altogether new char.. and, hey it's no crime to start a fresh build. I volunterily killed out Kodiak Nash at level 3 and remade her from scratch with a complete overhaul, but kept her name and background.. ( I just chose to do it from level 1, not a re-level with DM help)

--consider how much more you know your way around now. ;)

You could keep Ehan to be Ehan for RP, after all Ranger is much more suited to the bounty-hunter persona that you've built.

it would make less sense for Ehan to be so anti-human without a favored enemy: Human.

Would you consider just makeing a fresh new character that is the above built?

Think about going through level 1 and level 2 and level 3 again.. knowing all of what you know now on the archer build above instead of just reforging Ehan into something altogether different. I've done it, myself and I have to say it was very very enjoyable.

Anyhow, give it some thought. Just a suggestion. Having a fresh level 1 character from you would be really fun if you decide to go that route--especially since you know so much, you COULD create a 'local' character who has already heard of the PC adventures too. That's been wickedly fun for me with Mercuria.

Whatever you decide, i'm very interested to see the results/fruits of your labor! Good Luck!! ;)
Zokaan (Dr); Sevin (Ra) ; Mercuria (Pa) ; Mister Web (Ro): Kodiak (SC)

Unit of beauty required to launch 1 ship = 1 millihelen

Reclusive Walker

Postby Reclusive Walker » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 pm

Restarting entirely was an option, but not preferred. Level 6 is also a considerable amount of progress compared to that of level 3. Let alone spending nearly a platinum on a weapon, along with whatever RP comes of it. So if it was denied, I'd have just deleted Ehan and gone about my business as is. But as I'm lucky this is my first character and they're allowing it... so why not?

That being said, I disagree with a lot of your view points on my character. Why is a fighter-ranger-WS hybrid any less fitting for a bounty hunter then pure ranger? Why would Ehan losing FE: Human (which he isn't even losing) make his inherent racism not make sense? How is changing the build of my character making him not who he is? I am fully well aware of how much of a change this is mechanically for my character, and I'm pretty sure I literally said this is basically a total overhaul of the character.

But I really can't get why you think it's alright to make such bold claims as above.

Krivoklat

Postby Krivoklat » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:55 pm

oop no you're right, i misread, i thought you were making pure fighter WS.
Zokaan (Dr); Sevin (Ra) ; Mercuria (Pa) ; Mister Web (Ro): Kodiak (SC)

Unit of beauty required to launch 1 ship = 1 millihelen

Reclusive Walker

Postby Reclusive Walker » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:03 pm

I live again, disappearing for a whole nearly two months. Should probably get this dealt with *wipes sweaty forehead.*

OldGrouch
DM

Postby OldGrouch » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:29 pm

Resolved.