Price Scaling and Matching Faith Discounts

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Poisonous

Re: Price Scaling and Matching Faith Discounts

Postby Poisonous » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Vogelens wrote:I do not quite agree to removing all the wilderness rest spots (As those helpo rangers/druids to rest, while staying IC and not come to town) but I do kind of agree with some other rest spots being removed. The free resting spot at the temple does trivialize the inns a bit, and I would not be against the temple one being gone. I think it would be a good idea
to remove that one, actually
I said free non wilderness spots :D

I'm very glad you agree though!
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Feronius

Re: Price Scaling and Matching Faith Discounts

Postby Feronius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Money sinks are good to have and often translate to fun, additional server features.
But I do not think they should come at the cost of something else, other than coin.

Yeah Obsidian Sea, I am also not at all a fan of 'survival systems' with mandatory eating or drinking.
I was just naming some random ideas, did not put any thought into proper money sink suggestions yet.

And Toros is spot on about the potions, that exact same line of thought crossed my mind when I was checking out that merchant's items. My fighter can make good use of a Bull's Strength buff, but one potion cost more than what he would make from a dungeon.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac