Hello

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Artifice

Hello

Postby Artifice » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Hello!

I've been away for a few months. Truth be told, I was made a bit uncomfortable by a few changes that I was told were going to be made to the server, which seemed to just encourage limitless dungeon crawling over character driven RP.

But! I liked some of the RP that happened here. So I thought I'd ask directly, since there's a lot of stuff to read through, if you went ahead in implementing an E8 system?

Thank you!

Sarushan
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Ostheim

Re: Hello

Postby Ostheim » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:47 pm

It hasn't been yet, but I can say rather definitively that the server is much more focused on character-driven RP than limitless dungeon antics. Going on adventures is a big part of the server, though, which often includes going into dungeons. That said, I can safely say the focus will always be on personal development and RP.
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Postby Loreweaver » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Hey,

the E8 system is still in the design phase. We have a better idea now of the form it may take, but we haven't yet addressed all concerns to our satisfaction, nor balanced feats and classes. It's not our intention to rush into anything, although we do aspire to have some form of higher level content eventually.

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Thanks for your reply!

I only ask because I found a lot of the time, everyone was always out dungeoneering and that left me with very little to do. I understand that that's a perfectly fine and fun way to play. It's just not for me. But I did get a very good impression from the people here when I played, which is why I'm lurking back around again and asking.

The E8 thing for me is just more about the direction the server is being developed in. Whilst I'm perfectly happy to sit at level 1 forever and just chat away in character, I understand that people want to take advantage of unlimited progression by going out and doing things. Which is fine. It just puts me in an awkward position when everyone does it at once.
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Welcome (back),

The playerbase is fairly small, so when a group heads out it does mean the majority of online players can suddenly be unavailable for RP around town. The only way to remedy this is to get more players to join though, so do come in and invite your friends.

I am not a fan of the E8 system either, but at this point it is too early to really know what shape the end-game content will take.
Last edited by Feronius on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:35 pm

TER has always been a roleplay-focused server. Adding to the above all said: There are different playstyles for different people - groups, even. Some prefer going out on adventures more often than others. But storytelling and character development is, and always has been, our main focus and the team tries its best to provide that wherever we can. Please don't let those who prefer frequent dungeoneering discourage you from enjoying the company of the rest of those who are here for a rich, immersive story experience.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:28 pm

Heya! Feel free to hit me up (poisonthemonkey) if you're ever finding no one to rp with in town, I'd be happy to make sonething work between our pcs. :)
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...