Lovely initiative, lovely mentions thus far. I'm bound to forget plenty of moments simply because I don't have the best of memories, but here we go (in an utterly random order):
1) The entirety of the spectrolite plot and the countless hours of RP that followed in the wake of its many happenings and events. This was an immersive, wild and emotional ride from beginning to end, one that helped immensely alongside the involved characters to define and shape Merney into the man he now is.
2) Many, many moments with Aleira, Wynna and Merney. Where to even begin? These three have repeatedly gone through hell together and developed such strong bonds. The bloodshed, tears and exhaustion on the Royal Road, the moments of desperation in the comfort of home and dark depths of ruins alike, Merney losing control in the Crowning Glory and being held back by them both, lots of hours spent talking at their home, and so much more.
3) Merney and Aleira's relationship in particular has been a humbling, rich experience, the likes of which I've seldom experienced in other RP mediums. Those two are special, and I often look back fondly on their many moments of enraged arguing, bonding perseverance in the face of adversity, and Aleira's stubborness to keep Merney on the right path - she never gave up on him, no matter the circumstances. I'm having a hard time describing them aptly, but they simply feel so very real. Their countless quiet talks in taverns, homes and the woodlands spring to mind - lovely moments all.
4) The friendship of Wynna and Merney. Theirs is a hectic one at times, and even though they are often brought together by circumstance and mutual love for Aleira and one another, they still manage to find ways to be horrible to each other here and there, flawed as they both are. Merney being yelled at by Wynna for not being able to save Aleira, for endangering her, or by straying from the path they've tried to keep him on, and so, so many other sessions of RP.
5) Lucien and Merney's relationship. It's teetered between both mutual and one-sided hostility and utter bromance, and ultimately those two have been through more than anyone has a right to survive. Merney nearly dying at the hands of his own friend, the two of them fighting their way through an underground fighting club (Sorry, I broke the first two rules!) with nothing but their bare fists (and an instrument at one point!), and many other smaller and bigger moments alike.
6) All things Artemis & Merney. An unlikely pairing, I thought, but they've proven to have much common ground than I'd ever have expected! The moments in particular that come to mind: the drunken dancing in the Drunken Carp, his first approach regarding his feelings for her, alongside the myriad evenings and nights spent at home talking away the hours.
7) Hjalmar, Aleira and Merney's time spent in taverns, drunken or otherwise. In particular the hours that flew by by playing dice and talking away, in both Merney's home and in the Crowning Glory. Good, good times.
8) Archibald's death at the hands of a goblin ambush and the RP that followed, it was altogether moving and a very immersive session of RP, one that I'll be sure to look back on in days to come.
9) Garvin's many moments of being strange and blunt, as well as his relationships with certain people. Aleira and Garvin's grim bonding in the woods of Filur, close to the mountains. Old Man Yaromir's death and everything related to it I still remember fondly, such a fantastic event. Elis' mentoring, only to evolve into (one-sided) hatred when she lost her affinity to Mielikki. Gwendolynn and him clashing over opinions and bonding over hatred for a certain someone, her puns going straight over his head, along with so many other moments.
10) Quite a few discussions between Merney and Tristan and how they generally function together, the two have always had an interesting dynamic, even when Merney has struck him down in a bloodfrenzy!
11) Related to the above, the several people Merney has struck down over the year. Those moments have stayed with me, chiefly because plenty of wonderful RP has taken place as a result, and admittingly, it's been satisfying to watch in some cases, I'm sorry - don't hate me!
12) Several hilarious sessions of RP with Merney and Lev, and the brotherly camaraderie between them in general; they're an interesting pair in how they get along so well despite the vast gulf of difference in age and origins.
13) Faile. Oh, Faile. She's such a quirky, unique character, one that Merney went from liking to hating! There's too many moments to name here, but she has made me laugh quite a few times and enraged Merney to no end, namely when she had brought a pile of hay into Artemis' house, when she gave away having broken into his own house, and let's not forget the time she mistook a mad necromancer's love poem for Garvin's and had it archived.
14) Yserien and Merney's swift bonding and caretaking of Leaf, as well as the countless brushes with death. The fell pond, the monstrosity summoned by the seadevils that they fought together, etc.
15) Elise cooking for Merney... need I say more?
16) Turning into animals on many occasions out of my own stupidity and error, but each time I've somehow managed to squeeze RP out of it. Turning into a mephit and being mistaken for a demon was quite something, ending up in Merney being beaten into a bloody pulp.
17) The tower. It had everything one can ask for, mystery, puzzles, buxom women in tutus, and endless death.
18) Everything and everyone else that I've neglected to mention!
Altogether it's been an incredible year despite its many setbacks, moments of turmoil and frustration. I'm humbled to have been able to share my stories with you all, as well as having taken part in yours, and I hope there'll be much more to see and partake in during the next year!
Merney Valroc - Damaran Hedge Knight
Garvin Culdrake - Needle of Mielikki