Community - The Easting Reach 2016 - Your Moments

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Ostheim

Re: Community - The Easting Reach 2016 - Your Moments

Postby Ostheim » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Oh, right, this exists.

- The quest for spectrolite and fighting off the Sharran conspiracy was perpetually fun. It was a slow-burning thing, which left me wanting often for more because of how fine Kilaana's interactions with Wynna were, and her flair for the mysterious and enigmatic NPCs in roleplay. The story solidified the most important bonds she's made on the server as well; I'll never settle for simply relying on passive roleplay and fireside chats to develop into the sorts of powerful relationships she has now with Danuvis and Ljuslek's characters. With that storyline, it was forged through hardship, mutual paranoia, hard travel and victory. I couldn't be happier with that.

Obsidian was a tremendous help during this quest line as well, and provided for Wynna one of the more fun parts of the saga when Wynna elected to tap into Sarshel's underworld to secure one of the gems. Melding both forum RP and in-game information gathering efforts, OS managed to make it a stand-out experience, as well as interactive for me in choosing which merry band of operators would pull off the heist.

- Speaking of OS, the demon storyline's highlight for me was (perhaps I'm biased, but...) the fall of the Velvet Chantry in Songhall. Extremely well-played, tapping into the classic fears every Sunite should be wary of. Letting Rannie be an avenging paladin there and re-taking the chantry by force was easily the highlight of my playing her. OS's keen examination of Knight-Errant Marrinson's less-than-ideal Sunite ways after the fact was also a well-appreciated nod towards my set-out goals for playing her.

- 2 Magpie's Row is a beautiful, messy place. Owning a player home is an odd joy, and one I've never really experienced until TER. Kilaana's work on it is pristine, as is all of her map making efforts.

- Writing The Dark Corners of Impiltur (buy my book). The server has a wide variety of dungeon content that's just plain interesting to visit and speculate about. Normally I'm suspicious of adventuring content that's just dungeon'n'loot, but TER makes it work with some of the most interestingly made dungeons I've seen on display on Neverwinter.

- Wynna's initial foray into Broken Dreams, and dying messily thanks to a ghost. She got better, though her insane lust for ruins and adventure didn't improve.

- The table.

- All the forum content I wrote, book aside. Invaluable for getting Wynna's research done, a major part of her character.

- Meeting and becoming friends with plenty of people offline, playing other games with them, and even delving into some tabletop.

- And more that I'm probably not remembering right now, but rest assured the complete package has, for the most part, been a very positive one. Here's to another year.
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer