"Invalid Character; Character Login Refused"

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Silver Snow

"Invalid Character; Character Login Refused"

Postby Silver Snow » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:21 pm

A friend has been trying to connect and is getting this error message. Has this been seen before, and if so, is there a fix for it? All the haks are downloaded recently.

Administrator & Builder

Re: "Invalid Character; Character Login Refused"

Postby Loreweaver » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:04 pm

There can be a number of reasons for this. Most likely it is related to incompatible files on the playerside, although it could also be caused by a more universal problem with the game files relating to a specific character build. The information above is too sparse to troubleshoot unfortunately.

Postby Sjeng » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:17 pm

I have the NWN Diamond edition from GOG.com, and I created a fresh character to try and login to your server, but I got a message that my character got refused: No gold allowed by server... Does a new character have gold in the Diamond edition?

The sole reason I tried your server is because a friend and I would love to play NWN multiplayer together, just the main campaign and perhaps the expansions, but we can't figure out how to connect to each other, so I simply tested one of the servers I found via GOG.com. I hope that's okay. Is it possible to play through the regular campaign(s) on your server?

Thank you!

Postby blatob » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Heya.I would recommend you use NWNX loader that you can find on the server download page.

You should use it just for the creation of the PC not, the play after the first login. Now for the already created PC, I will leave more knowledgeable people comment.