Tall Tales Retold & A Farewell

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Obsidian Sea

Tall Tales Retold & A Farewell

Postby Obsidian Sea » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Hey everybody! I hope the summer has been rewarding for you all, and on my part there may be some apologies warranted for a mightily poor effort having been made to keep in touch with most of you.

Despite my writing nature, I'm going to try and get right to the point with this post! As of last weekend, on the 26th, I have conclusively ended my time with the DM team of TER. The timing coincides, of course, with discussions revolving around the time skip thread, and I'd be a fool to think that inferences wouldn't be made about the cause of my leaving. This much I must make clear, for fear that otherwise might be said: I wish the TER team very well and hope that the server prospers in fulfilling the creative vision that those who remain have in mind for it.

To give closure for the time I have put in to DMing in the last 2 years, I would like to speak to the community at large and thank everybody who has participated in my storylines, and also those who have thanked me for the time put in. It is gratifying to know that those hours provided entertainment for many talented players and gave them a desire to log in and participate in the collaborative experience which is TER. To those whom I might have let down whilst DMing, and for those disappointed by the lack of hours I was putting in towards the end of my run with the team, I shall say a small "sorry!" and hope that you do not think less of me for it. A final thanks must be said to all the DMs I have worked with during my time with the team; as well as to builders who have accommodated the narratives I have made in a myriad of ways; and of course to Loreweaver for their mastery over the NWN machine, but also for their support and patient wisdom which has persisted without fail during my time on the team.

So that is that said and done! : )

In trying to figure out how I could make this post without seeming too self-indulgent or needlessly sentimental, I had an idea: since it was suggested by DM Poisonous whilst she was with the TER team, the DMs have been keeping a personal log of their activities on the DM forums so other DMs can stay in the loop about what is going on, where, and with whom. Beyond that fundamental use, I have found my DM log has given me a chance to go back and remember some of the stories I'm most proud of staging here on TER.
If others would enjoy it, I thought it might be nice for me to share a couple of my DM logs here as a way of celebrating some of the good memories that have sprung from my run as a DM on TER: an opportunity I failed to make good upon when it was last suggested by the lovely Copper Dragon.
Obviously to do so would come with spoilers pertaining to stories now concluded, but also pertaining to some of the heroes and adventurers that still travel through Impiltur. I would endeavour not to select anything too revealing, but please do post and let me know if you would object to your character(s) showing up in any of these posts, and I shall choose the stories I would share accordingly.

Tymora willing, we shall meet upon The Easting Reach once again in the future - be it near or far - as players. Until then, thanks again guys!
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Silver Snow

Re: Tall Tales Retold & A Farewell

Postby Silver Snow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:47 pm

OS, I wanted to take the chance to thank you for the final time for all the effort and time you've put in for the community. What little of your DMing prowess I've experienced, I have relished. For most of the server's history you seemed to be everywhere at once, wrangling stories both big and small into place. There's no such thing as the perfect style of storytelling for everyone, but I had never doubted that you made the best effort to make every player feel appreciated. I'll be certain to remember the good times you were able to give us, and look forward to seeing you more as a player instead.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm so sorry to see you go, but I understand very much why. Please keep us all in the loop what goes on with you. The server is losing one of its brightest stars. :{
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Crusader

Postby Crusader » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Hey, man. I'd also like to thank you for the time and effort you've poured into making this server a better experience for all of us. As someone who rarely engages with DM's for my character stories, I truly appreciated the initiative you took with one of my characters in pulling on a little thread that was later weaved into a brief, albeit fantastic storyline of its own. I hope you're proud of your involvement and what it did for some of us players. Hope to see you around as one of us ordinary plebs!
Hjalmar Godefroy - Yellow-toothed Bane of the Hobgoblin Horde & Slayer of Morg the Bloodletter

Ardan Kalessin - Knight of the Old Oak

Lucan Faragher - Hand of the Lady Scion

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Thank you OS for all the great evenings (and late nights too!) that you have offered to me and to many others. You have been a powerful narrator, with many varied styles that were matching to the personality and nature of the stories you were weaving. You have definitely left your imprint on TER as a DM; it's an imprint that will be hard to match, for you have done much as DM and it will take considerable effort to match both the quantity and quality of your storytelling. I will doubtlessly relish the opportunity to see you around as a player.

All the best.-
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Many thanks for your incredible amount of awesome hours of roleplay in NWN I've had the pleasure of witnessing or playing a part in, OS. Take care and let's see eachother when we see eachother.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Toros

Postby Toros » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:26 pm

OS, it was a pleasure and an honor being a part of your work as a DM. Your excellent work and creativity was not surprising, as I have been equally impressed with your roleplay as a player.

The only possible negative remark I could make of your time as a DM would be that it cost you time as a player. I look forward to our paths crossing again.

Also, I play Galondel.

Ostheim

Postby Ostheim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Thanks for the good times.
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:12 pm

And the future of TER looks bleaker yet.

I also want to thank you for all you did for the server, both on the DM side and player side. Share what you want of my character(s), I personally don't mind.

Ostheim

Postby Ostheim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:01 pm

And yeah, go ahead with anything related to my stuff.
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer