NWN: Enhanced Edition

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Ponyrealms
Official Greeter (with Jingly Bells)

Re: NWN: Enhanced Edition

Postby Ponyrealms » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:38 pm

I apologize for the lack of updates to this thread, Discord is a much more fulfilling venue of communication, but there's news.

We've got a "Beta" server running for The Easting Reach on the Enhanced Edition, at IP 73.230.136.251 with the password "abc". Passworded just for now so we avoid encountering any new players while we still have some issues to iron out.

Namely some characters may appear invalid and unable to use the conversation to enter the game world in the OOC area. Other features that do not work, of note, I think only spell studying.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Tue May 01, 2018 6:10 am

Ponyrealms wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:38 pm
...Namely some characters may appear invalid and unable to use the conversation to enter the game world in the OOC area....
This issue seems to be resolvable by:
1) Ensuring that CEP 2.4 (or 2.6) and all the latest TER haks & TLK are installed in the directory where your NWN:EE is.
2) Re-making a new character upon confirming the above, then logging in with it.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:38 pm

To players who may have been trying to connect to our EE test server and got an error about missing hak, our apologies. There was some changes to one of the haks which we have yet to upload, but which we will be doing so once ready.

In the meantime, you're welcome to continue your adventures under our 1.69 version. Thanks for the continued support!
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Ponyrealms

Postby Ponyrealms » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:18 pm

The TER EE server is back up, I tried removing the odd looking CEP heads and mostly failed, there were a bunch of missing objects across the module, probably from missing model assets.

So I rolled back the changes for now. And until nwsync is released in full and we configure it, the EE version of TER is up at 173.230.136.251 with the default port 5121.
You will need to install every TER hak, including 2.4 CEP, with the addition of these two haks here:

There is one hak file from the Diamond Edition NWN no longer in use, that would be tfk_2da.hak.

OldGrouch
DM

Postby OldGrouch » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:48 am

As a note, not sure if this be the right place. I can see the server in the Enhanced Edition, but it seems to be invisible or down on the standard version for a few weeks now for me. Is it still up?

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:41 am

Hello :) EE is the only version that works now. We do not maintain 1.69 anymore. You can ask for PC transfer.

Also, there is a discord channel you can use.

And boy, am I glad to see you :).

OldGrouch
DM

Postby OldGrouch » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 am

I think I've got it working then, apologies for missing that message, I'll try to be around soon. Where do I request a PC transfer?

Ponyrealms

Postby Ponyrealms » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:59 am

OldGrouch wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 am
I think I've got it working then, apologies for missing that message, I'll try to be around soon. Where do I request a PC transfer?
Make a new character on the EE server, and send me a PM with their name and I'll transfer your old characters to that character's vault.

More in depth info here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2443

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Ah very good! Although I have very limited playtime I want to check out the EE server and transfer my characters. One of these day's I'll send you a PM too, Realms :)
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Tailos

Postby Tailos » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Wow, TER is still going! Limited playtime, but maybe i'll peek in sometime shortly. :)