NWN: Enhanced Edition

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Ponyrealms
Official Greeter (with Jingly Bells)

NWN: Enhanced Edition

Postby Ponyrealms » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:17 pm

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/11/neverwi ... ition.html

Awesome news, any thoughts?

I've already got the headstart version and checking the (tbh minor) changes. Will post an update.

Kerstman

Re: NWN: Enhanced Edition

Postby Kerstman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:34 am

Very interesting. I doubt any (backwards) compatibility with customozed old school NWN servers will exist, but hopefully I'm wrong.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:29 pm

We shall see. Even the simple compatibility with new hardware/drivers/OS'is more then welcomed. And we all hope that possible transition would be relatively simple. :)

Talisman
Builder

Postby Talisman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:48 pm

I've heard it will be backwards compatible with old NWNvault modules, but a complicated server like TER with NWNX scripts might run into some road bumps.

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:48 pm

A NWN renaissance is on its way, and TER will be here to greet it with open arms!
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

Electryc

Postby Electryc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:21 pm

I hope they fix the new graphic cards and drivers not working with NWN, PASCAL is from what I'm reading is main culprit in missing custom content.

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:25 pm

PASCAL, as in programming language PASCAL?

Ponyrealms
Official Greeter (with Jingly Bells)

Postby Ponyrealms » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Electryc wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:21 pm
I hope they fix the new graphic cards and drivers not working with NWN, PASCAL is from what I'm reading is main culprit in missing custom content.
This has been fixed with the newer NVIDIA drivers, if I may say so myself, I had a hand in getting that fix going, :P well, I gave a guy in the NWN community called Sherincall some details and apparently he worked at nvidia, haha.

Anyway, I want to give an update, for those not following recent EE news, the EE version has been getting weekly updates on Fridays, but the developers (BEAMDOGE) are officially releasing the EE on the 27th of March. They've said that it means they'll slow down on those weekly updates, which have given PW developers some issues, with some features breaking (regressions) and forcing them to update their game versions.
It might mean also that each update that they do, which I'm guessing will come every few months, will be bigger and contain more changes or new toys for PWs to play with, for example, which is really what should interest us.

I think for players themselves the more interesting features are visual, here's a link to the Beamdog stream https://youtu.be/aTaG5OaXltQ?t=28m33s at the exact moment where they showcase some of the new visual capabilities. It's still some work, because every model needs to be tweaked, for everything to look like that, that's a lot of models.

In other news, I'm joining the development team of TER! I had been toying around with putting the TER module on the EE version, got a NWNX EE TER server (the "x" stands for a server side plugin that allows some added functionality that most PWs use) running locally with docker, some scripts need refactoring before such a version is in true playable state, but the complete conversion of the module could be done in a few hours.

But I'm getting a bit busy with classes and I'm also picking up learning a new instrument, so I'm all over the place heh.

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Ponyrealms wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm
In other news, I'm joining the development team of TER! I had been toying around with putting the TER module on the EE version, got a NWNX EE TER server (the "x" stands for a server side plugin that allows some added functionality that most PWs use) running locally with docker, some scripts need refactoring before such a version is in true playable state, but the complete conversion of the module could be done in a few hours.
Fantastic news! Thanks for all the hard work, man!
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:03 pm

I grabbed a copy of the EE version myself. Not being a programmer, I cannot say to much. But I do know my laptop with Windows 10 is working great with it. I cannot play TER on the laptop since everything drags. I takes me 30 seconds to go across the OCC room. On the other hand my older computer at home with Windows 10 works fine. I think my issue is probably the video card on the laptop is on the motherboard and is not a separate chip.