[Ongoing campaign] The Captain of the Waves

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
User avatar
blatob
Builder
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: [Interest gauge] Campaign play

Postby blatob » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Campaign shall continue at Sunday, 25th, in usual time.

User avatar
Holy_Rage
DM
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:36 am
Location: Axe an' Hammer

Re: [Interest gauge] Campaign play

Postby Holy_Rage » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Session 6 finished tonight, thanks to everyone for attending. See you all next Sunday 3 Mar! Cheers.

As usual, IC posts and inquiries here will be suitably rewarded in-game.
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

User avatar
Jogglehog
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:59 pm
Location: Asheville NC

Re: [Interest gauge] Campaign play

Postby Jogglehog » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:02 pm

Presuming we don't start immediately where we left off:


Isaarad is hit where it hurts, square in his coinpurse. Though the she-gnome healed his leg, he is exhausted and shaken. He hobbles into his inn room immedatiely, only to toss and turn most of the night. At first light, he goes down to find the innkeeper preparing for the day.

But not even imposing on the town's good will can cheer him up, he gets up with his food mostly untouched and heads out the door.

Leaning against the railing, his eyes find themselves locked in a stare at the goat pin, the animals. He scowls involuntarily and returns back inside the inn. With a tankard to the side, the illusionist hunkers over the table and watches fondly a small glowing woman dance between his hands on.

Image
Ugh! No thaaank you.
Last edited by Jogglehog on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The sand that inches from the tide
Will claim the steps I sowed;
The whispers in the ocean deep
Will pick my weary bones."

User avatar
Jogglehog
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:59 pm
Location: Asheville NC

Re: [Interest gauge] Campaign play

Postby Jogglehog » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Feb 25's campaign goings on:

After the chilly meeting with the town elder and priest, the party has a deadline: Two tendays to lift the shadow over the village or scram.

As they leave the temple cave, they spot a sturdy gnome, a huge shield on his back. The priestly gnome Uranbar greets him, which energizes the new one and he rushes to them. Greetings are exchanged, and the new gnome introduces himself as a Burgell Roondar, a courier and one with a message for Uranbar, but he isn't ready to divulge without identification.

With nightfall some hours off, the party decides to make this a conversation with legs and they convince Burgell to follow as they leave the town to investigate the surrounding area for clues. Rosemary shuts down a flirt from the newcomer in the discussion, Yun Kai quietly try out words. The remaining day is pleasant enough, freshly rained and the party looks for tracks in new mud. The monk directs them west, and wolf tracks become many. Canine smells on the air, they come across an old ruin. The monk spots disturbed earth around a loose stone block.

Burgell readies his sire's mining pick for danger. Ozren himself is wary of traps, noting that while a sheep can't lay one, there is a malignancy behind the troubles. But the ruins themselves prove empty. They turn their attention to the stone block in the mud, which is pulled out by the monk and then a satchel from the thick mud underneath. Rosemary having left to investigate tracks, returns.

Uranbar is unimpressed, an old poacher's sack clearly. Yun unfurls the bloody pelt. Ozren remarks on his disgust. A strange purple gem falls out from the pelt and pulses a mean purple light. The party queries the wizard, who seems enchanted by it and reaches for it, but falters on closer inspection; the gem is a necromancer's tool and energized with foul power, he states. A rivulet of blood from the pelt touches the gem, which turns it black and vile. It is decided it cannot stay in the open and the wizard nudges the purple gem into his coinpurse with his staff. The pelt is carefully carried by the monk.


They make their way back to down, dark clouds roll and cover what's left the evening light. The halfling druid states she hears the bay of a wolf, and breaks off from the group. Yun Kai tries to herd her back to the fold, just as two wolves rush out of the dark and savage the wizard, bringing him to the ground. Rosemary and Yun Kai are on top of it and put up a defense, but the wolves are gone almost immediately, howling almost in triumph.

The halfling uses her druidic magic on the wizard's leg, and he regains his footing. The wind turns a whirlwind around the party, of grass, grit and sticks. It wails as if a forest of dead animals is carried on the wind. The gale dies, just as Isaraad's belt pouch flashes a blinding red and the gem vanishes, a vile blast of suffocating cold force envelopes them and then the night is still.

They are left feeling drained of essence after the assault by the wicked flash, but are seemingly, safe for now.
"The sand that inches from the tide
Will claim the steps I sowed;
The whispers in the ocean deep
Will pick my weary bones."

User avatar
Holy_Rage
DM
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:36 am
Location: Axe an' Hammer

Re: [Interest gauge] Campaign play

Postby Holy_Rage » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Session 7 finished tonight, thanks to everyone for attending and congratulations on your level up(s). See you all next Sunday 11 March!

As usual, IC posts and inquiries here will be suitably rewarded in-game.
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

User avatar
blatob
Builder
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: [Interest gauge] Campaign play

Postby blatob » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Well done, indeed, everyone.

User avatar
Jogglehog
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:59 pm
Location: Asheville NC

Re: [Interest gauge] Campaign play

Postby Jogglehog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 pm

The adventure of Sunday, March 4th, posted late AF:
Adventurers, alphabetically: Isaraad, Ozren Trzalica, Rosemary Quickfoot, Uranbar Talespinner, Yun Kai

Returning safe, the party has gathered themselves in Thelnam's humble tavern, but only injuries to show for their efforts. They stay the night, but to meager relief. Their dreams are even more nightmarish versions of the night's earlier events: howling winds of cold death. Poor sleep, all around; the users of the weave and godly power do trip upon their various recitations. The gnomely priest, Uranbar, enters from the outside; an early riser, unable to sleep fully, or both.

Breakfast and planning finished, the party splits up in the town. To more than a hint of glee from the illusionist Isaraad, the plan to send the halfling druid Rosemary down the old well has been resurrected; she leaves to purchase rope to lower herself. The eastern monk Yun Kai goes to practice his martial art in the interim, the wizard watches him. Shopping done, the party convenes, Ozren, arriving late, carries a foreign toolbox. The halfling and the gnome seem to have noticed something there, but seem unperturbed, this time anyway. The adventurers leave.

Uneasily passing the spot of the earlier attack, they return to the well where the halfling claimed to hear a wolf down below. She rappels down, using some of the tools Ozren procured. With only minor trouble she climbs down. After various tugs on the rope and some waving of a torch, it is communicated via carrot that the bottom is clear.
The party descends, fully.

Below, it is clear the well in diminished, only ankle height of water in the small cave. Ahead a dryer passage branches off, musty with the thick smell of wet fur. As they continue down it, the smell turns sulphurous. They make short work of a lone wolf, and then a dead humanoid, unpossessed of will to attack.

The tunnel opens again and the air cools, water present in some pools, but the acrid smell of burning grows stronger. The party finds a discarded pair of silk gloves, fine and delicate, they are as out of place here as any canine. An aristocratic voice berates somebody, echoing from down the passage, the halfling puts out her torch. In the new dark, Ozren sneaks ahead, peaking around the corner to spy; he relays sight of two men and two wolves. As he finishes, a blast of heat and changing air pressure knocks them over, followed by the waft of burning flesh from the same direction. One of the canines, it seems, is fiendish.

The voice from before threatens what must be another person ahead, but as the group advances, there is but one figure. The man is brutish and ugly, and freshly burned. He notices the party, the wolves advance, the brute shouts demands in a coarse, unrefined voice. This degrades into combat.

With the wolves killed, the brute flees deeper into the cavern. The party falls on him, though he is not undone and hits like a mace. Uranbar Talespinner calls forth the blessings of his god, Yun Kai comes forward to practice his melee art, the rest pelt the brute with various missiles. Stunned from an illusion spell and haggard from the work of the party, the brute is clubbed, stabbed and pelted to his death...
"The sand that inches from the tide
Will claim the steps I sowed;
The whispers in the ocean deep
Will pick my weary bones."

User avatar
Holy_Rage
DM
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:36 am
Location: Axe an' Hammer

Re: [Ongoing campaign] The Captain of the Waves

Postby Holy_Rage » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:15 pm

Session 8 finished tonight, thank you all for your participation! Looking forward to seeing where you will take all this, good fellows :)

Next session: next Sunday March 25th.
Last edited by Holy_Rage on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

User avatar
blatob
Builder
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: [Interest gauge] Campaign play

Postby blatob » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:42 pm

Woo Hoo, now that was interesting.

OldGrouch
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Re: [Ongoing campaign] The Captain of the Waves

Postby OldGrouch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm

My apologies for my prolonged absence for the past few weeks folks. Our internet has been having trouble maintaining its connection and I've not figured out how to get it back up (this post alone took 10 minutes to get through). I hope I've not missed anything and I'll be there once we've got it all straightened out.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest