Community - Welcoming New Players

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
AusGre

Re: Community - Welcoming New Players

Postby AusGre » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the server.

Thanks,
AusGre

Astral Fire

Postby Astral Fire » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Finally after days I manage to post an introduction :)

I’m Astral Fire and I play Cassandra, the half-Calishite Ilmatarian priestess.

I’ve already had the occasion of having a lot of nice RP and I’d like to thank anyone that played with me during this week. I had really a great time here so far.

I hope to see ya all soon in game!

Ostheim

Postby Ostheim » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:07 pm

Probably unnecessary coming from me, but welcome!
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:06 am

Well met to all new players whom I have not yet had the opportunity to chat/play! As a further note, I'd like to acknowledge that I (and others) have been too busy in many areas related to the server and beyond it to have much DM interaction with some characters, and I hope you stick with us long enough for us to be able to rectify the matter. Rest assured that you are very welcome here, and any inability to demonstrate that on our part has much more to do with our OOC circumstances than your position within the community! :)
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Our dear Head DM Obsidian Sea speaks on behalf of more than one team member. I would like to thank the players who have been faithful and patient with my machinations, and who have graciously accepted me focusing on playing my character recently. Please know that I look forward to our interactions with all of you, and hope to help you enjoy TER - or to help you enjoy it more than you already do.

~ Copper
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:23 am

Yes, welcome to those who have found their way to TER in the last few weeks. I hope that as you explore the gameworld and interact with players both old and new here, you'll come to embrace the challenges given to your characters and leave behind any preconceptions of what you've experienced on other PWs. If there has been a lack of DM activity of late, we ask your understanding as real life gets in the way. Many of us in the team work full-time or have families to care for. Be assured that your presence is still appreciated, and that you are encouraged to create your own stories in the absence of a presiding DM, and that we are happy to provide small assistance if you drop us a PM to discuss the possibilities.

The team works hard to forge our unique vision of the setting, through both dungeon-design and story-telling. For some, we may move at a slower pace than you are used to, though do not let this dissuade you from enjoying a good session of roleplay, because in TER it's the story that counts most.

I'll emphasize again that TER is known for its warm and friendly circle of players. There are many servers out there with a toxic community and we don't want that here. It's unhealthy and fuels distrust. Everyone is here to have a good time. If you have a suggestion, a comment or an opinion to share, please try to offer it in a constructive and positive manner because forum vitriol won't get you anywhere.

For newcomers, I hope you'll take a moment to read our 2nd Anniversary message to understand the team and vision behind TER.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Ember Moon

Postby Ember Moon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:46 pm

Hi,

Heard of this place through a friend that took a break. Will likely be delving in together with him soon enough. :)

Hope to see some of the people I've noted about here then.

Crusader

Postby Crusader » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Welcome to the shindig, partner.
Hjalmar Godefroy - Yellow-toothed Bane of the Hobgoblin Horde & Slayer of Morg the Bloodletter

Ardan Kalessin - Knight of the Old Oak

Lucan Faragher - Hand of the Lady Scion

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:39 am

Welcome!!!

And welcome back AusGre. <3
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:03 am

Be welcome Elder Moon!
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer