Community - Overrides

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Feronius

Community - Overrides

Postby Feronius » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:23 am

Use this thread to share your favourite, or even self-made, overrides with the rest of this community.

Remember to always keep a back-up of your Override folder somewhere, just in case.
Last edited by Feronius on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

Feronius

Re: Community - Overrides

Postby Feronius » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:26 am

Improved Models Override

I took the liberty of combining several improved model overrides and compiling them into a single download, but more importantly I only added the improvements that should not cause any visual conflict with the original aesthetic of the game. If you want to slightly improve the default models, without straying too far from the vanilla look of the game and without perceiving things drastically different from those that do not have the same overrides installed, then this override might be for you.
Spoiler:
Improved_models override.rar
(Click the link to download, extract the downloaded files to the override folder in your game directory)

Includes the following:
  • Improved tesselated heads (male and female)
  • Improved hand models (male and female)
  • Improved feet models (male and female)
  • Improved neck models (male and female)
  • Improved chest model (male only)
  • Improved pelvis model (male only)
  • Improves about 9 existing vanilla heads, does not add any new content
  • Includes the hand update for the broader body type as well (male only)
  • Other (body)parts from the overrides were intentionally left out for better consistency with the vanilla game and CEP content
All credit goes to the original authors of the mods. Unfortunately due to IGN's NWVault going down I no longer possess up-to-date links back to the original mods.

Ataraxia

Postby Ataraxia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:30 am

It's 10/10 worth it.

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:21 pm

Goblins Override

This override is an edit of the goblins in LordOfWorms' original creature pack. All I really did were some colour adjustments and swapping filenames around to make it so that these new models match the vanilla look of the game more closely.
Before some of the orange brown goblins would turn into moss green goblins and vice versa, causing players without the override to sometimes have a completely different type of goblin on their screen than those with the override. This override updates goblins without messing with their original colour scheme or their role within the clan, you can view a couple of example goblins below.
Spoiler:
Goblins override.rar
(Click the link to download, extract the downloaded files to the override folder in your game directory)

All of the credit goes to the original author of the mod and LordOfWorms' creature pack.
You do not first have to download LordOfWorms' creature pack for this override to work. If you have already installed LordOfWorms' creature pack, you simply choose to overwrite existing files whenever prompted and everything will sort itself out. You may also discover that a few files have 'wight' in their name, this is nothing to be alarmed about. The author just re-used some of the file(names) and generic textures in several of his original models, these files should not affect the appearance of wight spawns.

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:11 pm

No More Purple Eagles (Updated Creature Textures)

This override is just a small personal project. The appearance of some creatures was bothering me, so I decided to fix these 'purple eagles' and to slightly upgrade some of the more commonly encountered creatures on the servers I have played on. The updated textures stay pretty true to the original aesthetic of the overall game.
Spoiler:
No More Purple Eagles override.rar

This override may be expanded on in the future, but these are the retextures it currently includes:

Deer - Deer are less brightly coloured, not as orange and slightly more realistic looking
Demon (Balor) - Demons are less brightly coloured and have more ancient looking bone armour
Earth Elemental - Earth Elementals should have an overall more down-to-earth and earthly appearance
Fire Mephit - Fire Mephits received some minor touch ups
House Cat - House Cats (black & white) no longer have that creepy Cheshire Cat look on their face
Ice Mephit - Ice Mephits received some minor touch ups
Imp - Imps are less brightly coloured, now have an impish smile and their eye colour matches their portrait
Raven - Ravens no longer look like purple eagles
Troll / Troll Chieftain - Trolls and Troll Chieftains (the default game models) are less brightly coloured
Wereraven - Wereravens no longer look like wereblackbirds and colour match with the new Raven texture

I believe this server might be using alternative models for some creatures, so not all of these changes may be equally relevant for this server. The file sizes are really tiny, so I felt it better to include them anyway even if some of these updated creature textures are seldom encountered on this server.