Stock Character/Art Portrait Expansion Project (SCAPE)

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
EventHorizon

Re: Stock Character/Art Portrait Expansion Project (SCAPE)

Postby EventHorizon » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:51 am

Okay Poisonous, I'm gearing up to make one (of hopefully not too many more) pass(es) to update the SCAPE. I haven't been in-game to see if many people are using any of the portraits, but I recognize some holes in it that could be filled now that the Internet has had a few more years to generate more awesome content. Namely non-green Half-Orcs!
Play with SCAPE! Stock Character/Art Portrait Expansion Project (SCAPE)
Easy TER Play-time Scheduler! - See the thread and note your updates here.
Elijah Haller - Fuum - Havon - Ash'ma

EventHorizon

Postby EventHorizon » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:56 am

On that note, if anybody has particular suggestions, it'd save me plenty of time if you sent them in (in image file form!) (in PMs please!).

Edit: If you think one of your personal PC portraits should be added, tell me. I won't put portraits from here into the pack unless you want me to.

cyberjesterb

Postby cyberjesterb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:19 pm

For those interested, Bors is currently using one of these SCAPE portraits.
Bors
Orm
Ghaulvur Forlimodr

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Feel free to put the portraits of my characters in there, EH. Only Fenneken's is very customized. The others are NWN default or come from other fairly widely used portrait packs.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

EventHorizon

Postby EventHorizon » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:42 am

BAM

_

SCAPE Update

I've updated the SCAPE. I cut 77 portraits that I felt didn't fit the artistic vision and intended quality of the pack. I then added 125 even better portraits to fill in gaps and make the SCAPE a more complete product. The Dwarf, Ebony, Half-Orc, and Elderly categories got especial love, and the Civilian Female and Male categories got a lot of replacements. I also added a token Monster portrait section with a minimal but functional set of portraits for Goblins, Kobolds, Drow, and Genasi. The links are below:

SCAPE Main file -
503 portraits. Extract to your NWN/Neverwinter Nights/portraits folder to see them all on character creation, or if you want to save a bit of time in character creation, extract them all to the overrides folder (so you can see them on other people) and put only what you intend to use for your character in the portraits folder. This link is the same as the one at the top.

SCAPE Update Portraits only -
This file contains only the 125 new portraits, not including Monsters. If you had already downloaded the original SCAPE file, you can just download this instead.

SCAPE Monsters -
This file contains only the 23 Monster portraits. This has a slim chance of being updated in the future.

Cut Portraits -
These are the 77 portraits I cut from the original pack, in case you want more portraits.

Installation notes: The Main file is 138 MB, took me 20 seconds to download on a good connection, and only takes up to a few seconds to load in character creation without any other portrait files. The beginning and end of the SCAPE portraits, in character creation, is marked with an in-game label for your convenience.

Ponyrealms
Official Greeter (with Jingly Bells)

Postby Ponyrealms » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:52 pm

Thank you for these, I think I will be using one of the dwarven ones for my character Balgrim.

EventHorizon

Postby EventHorizon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:03 am

My pleasure, Pony.

BTW, I learned from an experience in TER that you can have your characters' portraits retroactively changed after creation, presumably through a LETO request. If you're like me and use one of those abstract art portraits (Fist, Tree, Shield...) because nothing fit before, you can change it! Which I might do for Elijah... there's a sexy smirking grey old boy in there.