Wilderness resting cooldown for Druids/Rangers

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Hideous

Wilderness resting cooldown for Druids/Rangers

Postby Hideous » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:01 am

As it currently stands, you can only rest every 60 minutes, unless you rest at an inn (every 30 minutes). I like this concept a lot, but as a Druid I feel it's overlooking the concept of the class in general and "forces" me to rest at an inn if I want to return to adventuring as soon as possible.

I think that there shouldn't be an extended cooldown for Druids who rest outside of an inn, as their connection to nature would allow them to feel comfortable resting in the wild. At the very least, maybe only extend it by 5 minutes (35 minute cooldown). As for Rangers, they should be somewhere in the middle, like maybe 45-50 minute cooldown in the wild instead 60. This could even be gated behind a class feat, so that taking 1 level of Ranger wouldn't be enough to receive this bonus.

Poisonous

Re: Wilderness resting cooldown for Druids/Rangers

Postby Poisonous » Sun May 01, 2022 9:00 pm

+1

I do think Ranger's should be gated behind some sort of feat, because Ranger is a popular dip class already for its mechanical power.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Talisman
Builder

Postby Talisman » Wed May 04, 2022 6:09 pm

I had the idea once that high level rangers should be able to make camp once per day in wilderness areas. Druids sure they shouldn't rely on inn comforts as much as other classes unless they're Chauntean. I don't know about making it matched with inns but could be closer. I think the real reason we don't see things like the above is that things are balanced around those set rest timers. If you could rest more frequently you could progress a lot quicker. Get in an extra rest mid dungeon or the like. Most of the individual dungeons are not designed anticipating a rest in between completion.

Hideous

Postby Hideous » Sat May 28, 2022 11:11 am

I don't think druids or rangers should get the ability to rest inside dungeon areas at an advantage specifically, as that would feel too unfair of an advantage. I meant wilderness areas like the camps along the road and the certain spots that you can find that are literally just a small clearing of grass in the middle of nowhere. You would still have to leave the challenge area to go rest, as one might do to visit an inn.

It would just be nice to not feel like camping is such an uncomfortable thing as classes that are designed around being connected to nature/survival.

Krivoklat

Postby Krivoklat » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:07 pm

Talisman, you remember we were talking about the possibility of making "Druid/Ranger Only" camp spots.. where those of nature classes would have more resting options than non-nature classes in the surface wild areas? Maybe that might be something to re-visit.

I don't think it would be fair at all for druids to have their rest dropped to 30 as if they rested in the wilderness, equal to if they were in an Inn... because how many INNs are there in the game?? and to get access to an inn, you have to purchase a key.

what might be more fair is that Druids can rest "as if they are in an inn" if they rest in a druid dedicated standing-stone area.

That would allow druids to go log in/log out at those areas, and they could log in... REST... and only have 30 min cooldown... just like an adventurer who rests in an INN.
Zokaan (Dr); Sevin (Ra) ; Mercuria (Pa) ; Mister Web (Ro): Kodiak (SC)

Unit of beauty required to launch 1 ship = 1 millihelen