Spells Suggestions

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Copper Dragon

Re: Spells Suggestions

Postby Copper Dragon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:48 pm

Mass Longstrider I would heartily agree Rangers should have if they cannot currently cast it. While - as others have said before - it delivers little obvious mechanical advantage, it offers a great RP flavour, and I'm sure more of us would sorely lament its absence.

Divine Power could do well with a boost, perhaps if nothing else then to become similar to Divine Favor - its duration increased to 1 turn. The idea of it being 2 rounds / level doesn't seem amiss either, though like Divine Favor it would still likely not see more use than in one encounter either way, unless Extended.

~ Copper
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Talisman
Builder

Postby Talisman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Just to chime in, since I've been using a lot of Mass Longstrider lately (it's probably where OS got the idea, haha), it has more mechanical use than people give it credit for. Especially if you're in a small party that may not be successful. It makes retreating basically guaranteed because no enemy creature is going to catch up to you. This also helps with any kiting strategy someone might employ, like a ranged combat focused character. And it helps dash into battle or to the back lines as needed. On top of this is has an impressive duration. It's boon isn't as apparent as Bull's Strength, but let's just say I generally suffer having one less Stoneskin, powerful healing spell, hold monster, or flame strike just to have Mass Longstrider (Although some of the reason is I love it's RP, too). I think it's fine to give it to rangers, but if we're giving it to them a whole two spell schools lower than Druid's get it, it should have less duration. Maybe half, which should be enough to help them get to a dungeon or back (again, for a lvl 8 Druid it's a long duration. I think 30 minutes?)

Vogelens

Postby Vogelens » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Rangers should already have less duration though, as their caster level is half their class level. So it would only be at caster level 4, for a pure level 8 ranger
Active:
Kara Farrowwood ~ Druidess of Silvanus