Make the Old Quarter more accessible?

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Ostheim

Make the Old Quarter more accessible?

Postby Ostheim » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:15 pm

There may not be much there right now, but I'm a big fan of the Old Quarter and its aesthetic, but I've noticed that it often goes unseen by a lot of people; some who didn't even know it existed until recently since it's so out of the way. That, and it's a bit of a hike to get there if you don't have the skill required for a certain shortcut that I've made extensive use of. Could there possibly be a new transition added to this area that links it to the City Square, perhaps? Alley shortcuts, a handcart, etc? I can personally reach my home just fine due to the aforementioned shortcut, but it's kind of a trial to ask that other people make the same trek without its aid.

I'd like to see a lot more added to the area, of course, but I'm sure that's on the agenda, and I only suggest this because I don't think it'd be too work-intensive.
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer

Poisonous

Re: Make the Old Quarter more accessible?

Postby Poisonous » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:58 pm

I like the idea! The Old Quarter is pretty friggin sweet.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:00 pm

Agreed, considering it took me over three months to even learn of the place's existence.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:28 pm

There's a map pin in the City South to point you to where the Old Quarter is. There is also at least one if not two other less obvious routes.

But yes, more alternate paths are being planned and will be implemented once builders have some time on their hands.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre