Vlasta temporary Storage

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Silver Snow

Vlasta temporary Storage

Postby Silver Snow » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Hey all, given that we've had the Vlastan selling and loot debate before, how's this for a compromise: Allow for a vendor in Vlasta, like Feliks, that lets you store items in some permanent storage. So the group can do multiple dungeons around the area and return to Sarshel when they're ready with their earnings without having to carry them around. I feel that'll let people linger there a bit longer.

Kerstman

Re: Vlasta temporary Storage

Postby Kerstman » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:48 am

I am not against this suggestion at all. However, I am not sure if Vlasta would be a type of hamlet that should offer such a service. That I gladly leave to the DM's.

I have another suggestions, but that is one fully for the players. Since Vlasta dungeons tend to be a bit more rewarding than others my characters tend to save up the low weight and high loot value items in their inventory while selling most of the armors and other heavy stuff in Vlasta. When doing that for 3-4 dungeons the lighter stuff can be sold at Sarshel and still it nets a very good profit for the whole party. I shall admit that I've mostly experienced this when my rogue with appraise was taking care of the sellings.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Silver Snow

Re: Vlasta temporary Storage

Postby Silver Snow » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Considering the only storage in Sarshel is a shady trader's backroom lockers, a Vlastan closet at the smiths or basement of the inn or something having some paid storage space seems not unreasonable.

It is also often that the heavy items are some of the most profitable, like armor or big furniture. Either way, storage space shouldn't break immersion nor would it violate the Vlastan traders having lower prices. We used a horse as equivalent the other day but I don't want horses to be the best temporary storage solution.