OoC Area - Tailoring Dummies

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Feronius

OoC Area - Tailoring Dummies

Postby Feronius » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:05 am

I wanted to suggest some small additions/ changes to the tailoring dummies in the OoC area.
  • Add a "Next Appearance" and "Previous Appearance" option to the conversation menu so players may browse through Head Models, Hair Colours and Skin Tones (without having to type out all ~200 numbers individually)
  • Add options to change the selected colors for Tattoo Option 1 & 2 (Not nearly as high of a priority as the rest, in my opinion)
  • Allow players to change their character's appearance at the dummy, without the requirement for DM assistance
Especially that last suggestion, I think, will help (new) players set up their character quicker and reduce LETO requests.

If players exploiting this feature (changing their head model all the time or pretending they are 'disguised' by using a different head model) is a concern, which I personally believe will not the case with this community, then perhaps it is possible to somehow only make these options only available for first level characters? Much like the free use of tailoring dummies is only available to first level characters.

I have no idea how much or how little work these suggestions are to implement, but let me know what you think.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

Silver Snow

Re: OoC Area - Tailoring Dummies

Postby Silver Snow » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:54 pm

I believe that including a body tailoring model is very standard in NWN, it should be a case of just plopping one down. It would be separate from the clothes tailoring models, but I do agree it would reduce the need for LETO requests. I also don't see it being abused, not in principle and especially not here. Maybe there can be some guidance plaque next to it that forbids certain details that might be present in it like access to wings/tails/glowing eyes. I don't believe the body models I interacted with on TER had that, though.

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Silver Snow wrote:Maybe there can be some guidance plaque next to it that forbids certain details that might be present in it like access to wings/tails/glowing eyes. I don't believe the body models I interacted with on TER had that, though.
Thankfully, no, they do not. Only Race, Phenotype, Head Model, Hair Colour and Skin Tone I believe.
At this moment you are basically unable to transfer the dummy's appearance to your character's model.

Being able to change your race should remain inaccessible to players, obviously.
Being able to change your phenotype would be interesting, that way your character could gain or lose weight, but I doubt it would see much use. I did not think it would come up often enough to bother including it in the suggestion or changing the dummy for it.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

EppyAl

Postby EppyAl » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:38 pm

I would like the head function... my nwn folder is easily 20 plus gigs of random mods and changes throughout the ages and finding out that Amber was headless after a week of playing him would have been sad had a dm not fixed it so fast. Thanks btw.