Demoralize

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Silver Snow

Demoralize

Postby Silver Snow » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:54 am

After having started using it, I'm noticing that the DCs for demoralize are disturbingly high, even at lower levels 22-23 among standard Goblinoids. This might just be poor luck with enemies, bug bugbears and humans have both shown these results.
Considering max ranks at a lvl 8 fighter with 12 charisma can be expected to pass those less than half the time, I would believe that the DCs on this are too high. Not only are low levels going to get virtually nothing out of the skill ranks, even higher levels are going to have very poor results; this for a relatively minor bonus, a -2 ab on skills and saves. And fighters/barbarians/other melee characters are not even going to get use out if the -2 to saves, as by far the most likely classes to invest in the Intimidate skill.
I would propose lowering the DCs, to only include either HD and wisdom bonus, or just the HD for the enemies. A level 4 character with max ranks and above average charisma should be able to, in my opinion, have moderate success on intimidate against humans and goblinoids.

Danuvis

Re: Demoralize

Postby Danuvis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:02 pm

I'm yet to try the ability myself, but these DCs seem counterintuitive. I hope this isn't this case with most foes out there!

Silver Snow

Re: Demoralize

Postby Silver Snow » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:01 pm

I don't consider this spoilers, but it was the case for human bandits, troglodytes, bugbears so far. Getting a success is extremely unlikely.