Bard Song / Barbarian Rage - No Casting Animation

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Feronius

Bard Song / Barbarian Rage - No Casting Animation

Postby Feronius » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:20 pm

Would it be possible (on TER) to remove the casting animation from the Bard Song and Barbarian Rage abilities?
It really interrupts the flow of the combat/ gameplay when your character stops to wave their hands mid combat.

Neither Bard Song or Barbarian Rage seem to be major game changers most of the time or last very long as it is, their use is often situational. It would be nice if they at least did not also have a casting animation that interrupts and takes time away from your character's other actions. I doubt the change will really affect the classes' effectiveness, but it makes their gameplay a little smoother.
Instead Bard Song and Barbarian Rage would be cast/ triggered the moment you activate them, no finger wiggling animation.

I think it would also make a lot more sense from a character's perspective. What are the team's thoughts on this?

Edit: Someone mentioned Divine Might and Divine Shield also have the same problem and an equally short duration?
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

Kerstman

Re: Bard Song / Barbarian Rage - No Casting Animation

Postby Kerstman » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Absolutely seconded. Playing a barbarian myself I can say that the timing of the rage is quite important and feels a bit metagame-y. You hit the button when you as a player see the battle coming even if your PC does not yet know of it. But if you do it the proper way you only start the battle on the second row and which real barbie fights like that?
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer