Adjustments to @work

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Poisonous

Adjustments to @work

Postby Poisonous » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:47 am

Howdy!

I've been playing around with @work more lately now that my main character isn't dungeoning regularly anymore. I'm finding it a handy thing to turn on when I'm trying to make myself available for walk-up RP in town. I've also tried introducing new PCs looking for work to the system. I have two ideas which I hope might make it more widely used/interesting.

1. Make @work useful for self-employed and other characters by un-attaching it to Employers. For example, Kelda owns the clinic and theoretically makes a small profit, but to make any coin needs to use @work on an NPC. Or, take a PC who works odd jobs around town. I suggest that jobs not be attached to a specific employer, just that they must be within the area for the duration of the work session. This allows PCs to move around, adjust to RP, etc.
2. Provide extra coin instead of extra xp when there are active players in the area (or both). All PCs benefit from coin, not all PCs benefit from XP. However, it makes sense to continue providing xp to the players with which the PC is interacting (since they aren't the ones doing the job).

I would love to see the system used a little more, as it's always been more of a background thing. I think to really be viable it needs to not be permanently locked to npcs, as a player may become locked into an area which will provide no opportunities for RP and be forced to either move or sit alone (such as those who used to @work in Outentown when it was the hub).
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

WingsOfStardust

Re: Adjustments to @work

Postby WingsOfStardust » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:25 am

These are some pretty good ideas :)