Server Advertising - A New "The Easting Reach" Thread?

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Feronius

Server Advertising - A New "The Easting Reach" Thread?

Postby Feronius » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:22 am

Just a quick suggestion and observation. Currently there is no server advertisement and little awareness about this server's existence.

The only "The Easting Reach" threads to be found online have been outdated for give or take a year now (with broken links and old reviews that have long lost their relevance) and the original post gives the impression the server is still in beta. Or worse, that the server never made it past the beta stage and shut down ages ago, due to the links being dead ends.
The only other way to learn about this server's existence is through word of mouth or by directly searching on the server's name in an online search engine. Which I imagine would only be done by the most thorough players that bother to double-check if the server is truly shut down or by those that had already heard about the server through word of mouth first.

My suggestion is to start a brand new "The Easting Reach" thread on The Neverwinter Vault Forums (the unofficial NWN community forums, since Bioware discontinued the official forums) to create some awareness of this server being out there and still going strong.
(I did not want to jump the gun and am leaving it to the Admins/ staff to post the actual thread, so it can be done all official-like.)

Does anyone else have suggestions on how to spread word or awareness of this server to other fine, potential new NWN players?
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

blatob
Builder

Re: Server Advertising - A New "The Easting Reach" Thread?

Postby blatob » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm

If you wish, as a player, you could post in that thread on Vault. Last post is concerned with server and forum address an dis from June, that is true. I can agree that that the starting post should be changed and banner too, since both display that server is in beta.

However, I can only post things about updates we do with various areas and scripts. Any new player could take team's posts as biased. I think it is also important to achieve awareness through player posts.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:07 pm

I support this suggestion.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Seems better to simply make a brand new thread than to update and revive an outdated thread with negative, unfounded reviews in it.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Feronius wrote:Seems better to simply make a brand new thread than to update and revive an outdated thread with negative, unfounded reviews in it.
Agreed.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:57 pm

As those threads go, June is not so far back. But we shall see what can be done.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Poisonous wrote:
Feronius wrote:Seems better to simply make a brand new thread than to update and revive an outdated thread with negative, unfounded reviews in it.
Agreed.
https://neverwintervault.org/forums/nev ... tent-world

Is this the thread? I didn't see any bad reviews.

However, the original post is very out of date.

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Honestly do not remember which thread it was. I just remember a very lengthy, very negative reply in one of the threads.
The thread in question may have been lost to time or the posts in question removed. No clue. Glad I can't find it anymore.

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:43 am

It was on Bioware forum, due to the player who got offended how Jonan communicated. My fault, but the communication was pure IC and PC caught him in his usual drunken state. I was foolish enough to presume player, who declared herself (I suppose it was herself) as feminist, would understand his way of talking since PC witness his talk with Celith and another PC , full of swears and insults in regard to what he would do to Sembians... And despite tell with OOC warning about him and his assholery.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:06 am

blatob wrote:It was on Bioware forum, due to the player who got offended how Jonan communicated. My fault, but the communication was pure IC and PC caught him in his usual drunken state. I was foolish enough to presume player, who declared herself (I suppose it was herself) as feminist, would understand his way of talking since PC witness his talk with Celith and another PC , full of swears and insults in regard to what he would do to Sembians... And despite tell with OOC warning about him and his assholery.
:lol: