'Epic' feats

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Poisonous

Re: 'Epic' feats

Postby Poisonous » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Forgive me if I'm way behind on the thread, on my phone too. Two thoughts.

I like the feats themselves, they feel not really epic but rather interesting and fun, which I am in favor of. Anything epic should come at a high cost, imo.

I like the idea of spreading more feats out though the lower levels. Maybe give every level an extra features or two to choose from a limited selection of this list, and retain the most powerful ones for e8.

I too would like to see dungeon ing less necessary after 8, though I admit I'm biased. To me that would mean a character would keep leveling. I groan at the thought of returning to the grind when level 8 already nudged my rp away from adventuring. I'd rather see an alternate system of advancement post 8, such as time spent active (preventing old characters from always being ahead, and requiring regular play, but advancing equally), checked retroactively (ie I'd be punished for my three months absence). Maybe in combination with some sort of rp xp system, reduced xp from dungeons, increased xp from events and @rep, etc?
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:43 pm

*three thoughts lol
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:34 pm

Additionally, I wouldn't be opposed to e8 itself being scrapped in place of giving the feats to all levels, with extra feats for all. To me what's important is the extra options themselves, the feats, being available.

Maybe some compromise is possible, with the majority of these new feats available to everyone, and a very low cap on post 8 feats?

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Postby Loreweaver » Wed May 31, 2017 5:46 am

First I'd like to mention that the concerns issued above will be taken into consideration.

Second, it is likely that some feats which are better suited to the 1-8 range will migrate there. There will be a general E8 feat list available for all to choose from, as well as class-specific lists. Multiclassed PCs may have to select certain general feats to unlock access to their class lists. The class lists for PrCs largely consist of the remaining class content. For other classes, lists are presently being developed.

These base class lists would benefit from review, so I'd like to ask for volunteers who want to look into one or more classes. The main task would be to rate feats according to their impact upon the class, with a secondary task in filling in gaps in the feat list so that many more specializations become available. Multiple reviewers per class would be appreciated, and one can volunteer below.

Khaela Mensha Khaine

Postby Khaela Mensha Khaine » Wed May 31, 2017 6:35 am

Volunteering myself to review whatever classes need reviewing.

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Wed May 31, 2017 5:15 pm

I'm also volunteering. However I like to believe I know more of some classes and a lot less of others. The list I am more comfortable with is as follows:

Barbarian
Fighter
Ranger
Rogue
Sorceror
Druid
Priest

Spirit Caller
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed May 31, 2017 5:33 pm

I would volunteer for this also. Thanks for the chance, LW!

~ Copper
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Wed May 31, 2017 7:12 pm

And MY axe!
But yes, I enjoy theorycrafting and mechanics, and would be glad to help out if I had the chance to do so.

Vogelens

Postby Vogelens » Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 pm

Same for me. I know mechanics of pretty much any class. Except the custom PRCs on TER, that is.
Active:
Kara Farrowwood ~ Druidess of Silvanus

Toros

Postby Toros » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:13 am

I'm most familiar with paladin but have a decent grasp on priest, fighter, wizard roughly in descending order.

Also, I play Galondel.