Community - DM Feedback

For discussion, feedback, praises, criticism, concerns or suggestions on topics in Offline RP, Character Backgrounds or general roleplay.
Obsidian Sea

Community - DM Feedback

Postby Obsidian Sea » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:00 am

This thread is intended to be a place where the community can give their thoughts, praise and feedback to DMs regarding the stories and events that they are creating for characters and the community at large. Knowing what players find enjoyable, challenging, engaging and disengaging is essential for DMs to return with better events each and every time, and the best way of us to know these things is to gain your feedback.

Although I have no doubt you will be courteous, try to lodge your thoughts in a constructive, helpful way - we scheming DMs have feelings too!
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Poisonous

Re: Community - DM Feedback

Postby Poisonous » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:09 pm

* Because it meant so much to me, just repeating my thanks here to Obsidian Sea (see the dorky looking face above this post!) for his work with Kelda joining the church.
* Good job Kilaana with the fun little event the other night. Facing danger without arms or armor was a special delight, and the event itself was fun!
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:58 am

* Good job Kilaana with the fun little event the other night. Facing danger without arms or armor was a special delight, and the event itself was fun!
I thought you both were being especially brave confronting danger without proper equipment, though it fitted the whole 'emergency' situation at the time. It was refreshing to see and thanks go to the two of you for being so sporting as well.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:40 am

Kudos to AusGre for the very fun event tonight, was not expecting it to follow up to events that happened a very long time ago! Had a lot of fun.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Thanks to all the DMs who have been active during the holiday season. While I did not have the chance to see them in action, the forum activity has been fun to observe, too!

A specific thank-you to Kilaana for her latest post, the summary of 1362 DR in the announcement section. It is easy to see the time spent on gathering up all the lore and then carefully plucking them for a concise, rich post. Beyond that, I'm sure I speak for the lot of us when I say how flattering and lovely it is to see character names mentioned there.

~ Copper
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:16 am

Kudos to Obsidian Sea for the awesome DMing today, while Faile Bors Valk Kelda and Lythia explored some goblin dungeon. You brought a lot more life and fun to the party!

Hagra
Builder

Postby Hagra » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:56 pm

During a trek the other night, did Anton and Faile run into a near dead Sir Alenn of Torm!

Anton and Faile were simply exploring, looking for an old ruin they had heard Grace Kelda mention while she stuffed her face in the Glory. Without any direction except "somewhere near Thelnam", Anton and Faile decided to scout the region for a possible future adventure with more folks.

Well, the evening turned out to be more than we had expected it to be, all thanks to DM Poisonous and the events that transpired!

Thanks for the surprise!

Ataraxia

Postby Ataraxia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm

It was really great! Haven't had that much fun in a fantasy setting in a very long time.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:55 pm

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! =) Really appreciate all the patience you guys had with me, thank you!

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:12 pm

The little scenes and interactions with NPCs have been great so far, loving those. It has been ages since I stumbled across a server where DMs actively did small random things like that and the spontaneity of it does not seem to have detracted anything from the quality.

And thank you to Kilaana as well, for giving me the small tour of the city and helping me out with setting up my character.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac