Community - Builder Feedback

For discussion, feedback, praises, criticism, concerns or suggestions on topics in Offline RP, Character Backgrounds or general roleplay.
Vent

Re: Community - Builder Feedback

Postby Vent » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:59 am

This server probably deserves a huge essay of praise purely for the area design alone, but a lot of my thoughts are echoed by previous posters who have thrown compliments to the design team.

I can't say that there's any one particular area that I like more than others. Some are truly grand to look at - and the tilesets themselves are fantastic - but the thing that I've picked up on most is that everything feels like a seamless continuation of the next. There's no jarring change between areas, which up until I'd played this server I never really paid much attention to. The areas on TER are second to none, literally they are without a doubt the most impressive use of the toolset that I've seen in my . . 12+ years of playing NWN multiplayer? They add an astounding amount of immersion to the game just by themselves.

And, as pointed out by others, challenges on the whole feel like actual challenges. Fighting groups of enemies doesn't feel like something you just walk into expecting to win. If you don't take a big group with you, it's usually a frantic struggle.

The world feels alive and dangerous, and everywhere feels like it has a backstory worth exploring. Everyone who contributed to the server design has done an amazing job, well done.

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 am

The Long Dark tunnels are pretty amazing. I will not spoil where they are and how you can enter them, but it is another nice network where you can get lost. Oh, and I recommend any dwarven PC going there eventually. *hint hint* So make them if you have not already! ;)
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:57 am

Seconded, having recently explored them recently, I enjoyed it greatly.

This server is best for exploring the unknown.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:10 pm

I had the joy of tracking through some old memory areas this Easter afternoon, and wanted to commend the attention to detail in the areas where Hróin undertook his first expedition into the Earthspur Mountains! Right down to a tree stump where a tree used to be from the notorious wood-chopping session. Thank you for these gorgeous considerations that keep the server anchored in the consequence of player actions. :)
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

ljuslek

Postby ljuslek » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Vent wrote:This server probably deserves a huge essay of praise purely for the area design alone, but a lot of my thoughts are echoed by previous posters who have thrown compliments to the design team.

The world feels alive and dangerous, and everywhere feels like it has a backstory worth exploring. Everyone who contributed to the server design has done an amazing job, well done.
Quoting this for emphasis. The pieces of flavour text, the encounters, area transitions.... Everything speaks of attention to detail that is greatly appreciated and very effective at drawing one into the game world. Well done, builders :)

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:46 pm

An overabundance of thanks to Kilaana for preparing a fantastic area for me for future use - and for doing so at the height of illness. Triad bless you!

Hope you are all looking forward to it. ;)
Last edited by Obsidian Sea on Sun May 08, 2016 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Sun May 08, 2016 8:17 am

And a shout out to Kilaana from the player-side, too, now that we have been exposed to her latest works. The immersive, terrifying, and heartwrenching visuals made the DM event come to its full, supreme potential.

~ Copper
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sun May 08, 2016 8:44 am

Obsidian Sea wrote:An overabundance of thanks to Kilaana for preparing a fantastic area for me for future use - and for doing so at the height of illness. Triad bless you!

Hope you are all looking forward to it. ;)
I will have to echo this statement once again for, of course, the new decor at The Temple of the Triad was not my innovation, it was Kilaana's. For my part, I must not only praise Kilaana's work in this, but sincerely thank her for supporting me in hosting this event. It has been something that we have been discussing on and off for several months, and it is an event of such size and scope that it would not have been at all possible without the server admin's approval and support.

PS. Thank you Kilaana for helping to set things up whilst I was getting home late from work! <3
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Sun May 08, 2016 9:06 am

The atmosphere was truly immersive and the work superb, I absolutely /loved/ the look of the Temple. Kudos!

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Sun May 08, 2016 1:15 pm

A stunning, triumphant moment of Evil. The very walls were oozing with despair!
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame