"Invalid Character; Character Login Refused"

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Silver Snow

"Invalid Character; Character Login Refused"

Postby Silver Snow » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:21 pm

A friend has been trying to connect and is getting this error message. Has this been seen before, and if so, is there a fix for it? All the haks are downloaded recently.

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Re: "Invalid Character; Character Login Refused"

Postby Loreweaver » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:04 pm

There can be a number of reasons for this. Most likely it is related to incompatible files on the playerside, although it could also be caused by a more universal problem with the game files relating to a specific character build. The information above is too sparse to troubleshoot unfortunately.

Sjeng

Postby Sjeng » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:17 pm

I have the NWN Diamond edition from GOG.com, and I created a fresh character to try and login to your server, but I got a message that my character got refused: No gold allowed by server... Does a new character have gold in the Diamond edition?

The sole reason I tried your server is because a friend and I would love to play NWN multiplayer together, just the main campaign and perhaps the expansions, but we can't figure out how to connect to each other, so I simply tested one of the servers I found via GOG.com. I hope that's okay. Is it possible to play through the regular campaign(s) on your server?

Thank you!

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Heya.I would recommend you use NWNX loader that you can find on the server download page.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2293

You should use it just for the creation of the PC not, the play after the first login. Now for the already created PC, I will leave more knowledgeable people comment.