Sarshel - The Song of Dawn (1366DR)

For organizing adventures, selling items and advertising services.
Copper Dragon

Sarshel - The Song of Dawn (1366DR)

Postby Copper Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Flyers are hung out and the same message is read out loud by hired towncriers around Sarshel and surrounding villages, up to Outentown and Relgar.
Citizens and Travellers,
Friends and Strangers,
Hopefuls and Hopeless,

Meet with me the tipping point of Light and Dark; the Day where the Queens of
Night and Frost and Misfortune make way once more in our physical world for
the King of Spring, Life, and Sunrise.

I summon you with love to the Halls of Prosperity, to celebrate the Vernal Equinox,
sacred to Lathander and brimming with power.

As on all holy days of Lathander, the Song of Dawn will be sung, and prayer
and offerings will be extended for a fortuitous future.

In good hope,
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster of the Halls of Prosperity,
Writing you on the 16th Ches of 1366DR.
Artemis also sends personalised invitations to Alistair Dryden, the Gilded Voice from Amn, and to Marcellus Heldeion, Harp of Cimbar to perform the Song of Dawn as esteemed musicians.

The Spring Equinox is celebrated across many religions, though maybe the people of Impiltur commemorate it less, what with the Triad putting less signifcance on the day. Still, farmers and travellers alike would recognise it as a day generally celebrated in some fashion, brief or large.

OOC: If we all have the time, I plan to log in on 20th March 2019 around 20:30 Central European Time (Brussels, Paris, Copenhagen).
My availabitilies are haphazard at best, I apologise if I cannot make it.
If your character would attend such an event, post here.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Copper Dragon

Re: Sarshel - The Song of Dawn (1366DR)

Postby Copper Dragon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:02 pm

OOC: Because I'm visiting family at the hospital tomorrow evening after work, I'll be around at 21:00 Central European time or 3PM East Coast time.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Astral Fire

Postby Astral Fire » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:06 pm

A few days after, a letter will arrive at the Hall of Prosperity, written with flawless caligraphy and reporting the bard's answer:
Dear Dawnmaster D'Assanthe,
It'll be my honor and pleasure to participate to this event and to offer my skills to sing the glory of the Morninglord.

Yours faithfully

Alistair Dryden III
OOC: For me 21.00 central europe is perfect as time

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:14 am

Among the localfolk seeking to celebrate the warmth & lifegiving joy that the Morninglord's worship brings, several notable people are also in attendance:

Lady Lorraine Starsunder, wife of Lord Rylos Starsunder, tells her visiting relatives of her intention to attend the hymnal session, and thereafter seek an amulet with the Morninglord's blessing for her daughter Yannika, who has been recently been awarded a mage's scholarship to the prestigious academy in Songhall. Outraged that his very bloodline should deny him powers of the Weave yet bestow him with a prodigy for a daughter, Rylos himself has refused to partake of the revelry with his family.

Among those who have found shelter within Sarshel's walls following the aid efforts led by Mother Kelda Adler of Ilmater in 1364DR, some refugees from the war-scarred land of Thesk have taken upon themselves to wait outside the domed Halls. When offered entry, they would refuse, and instead appear content to listen to the sounds of singing and of Lathander's words from his priestess.

A representative from House Doventh, of the township of Bexshaw some several miles from Outentown, would appear at the Halls before the ceremony of song begins. He comes bearing a large bouquet of yellow, glossy-petalled lilies of the exotic variety - only found in warmer climes - as well as a letter from Lord Ilkin Doventh himself, purported to be a personal invitation for Dawnmaster d'Assanthe to his estate.

Several local merchants and tradesmen are also in attendance. One of these is the leatherworker, Mondast of the Barking Needle, in Sarshel's Old Quarter. He comes solemn-faced, with his cap held in his hands. He is seen to be standing at the very back of the crowd against a wall, and though he remains tight-lipped throughout the singing, he waits till every last visitor has left before approaching Dawnmaster Artemis with a quiet word of thanks for her assistance in relaying his recently-deceased nephew Tondyn to the Ilmateri for a proper burial.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:43 pm

//Hello all. I will be on as DM tonight, but only around 9.30 pm CET / 3.30 pm EST, aka 30 mins after the event officially begins. Thank you Copper for organising this.
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

Hagra
Builder

Postby Hagra » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:49 pm

A white-hooded man walks into the temple during the Song of Dawn, and moves toward an open alcove by the water's edge.

"... for today, the Gods of Darkness yield their power to Life, and Love, and the glory of the Sun. As from tomorrow, the days grow longer - and with it, your wishes come truer to fulfillment. Such is the will of the Morninglord, Lathander."

And as those very words were spoken, the man bent forward, spread his fingers wide and dipped his hand into the pool in which Artemis D'Assanthe stood in the center of.

He then left in silence just as he had arrived.

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:43 pm

OOC: It was humbling how many players showed up! It was a load of fun: two Bards performing the Song of Dawn while also competing with each other between the lines; several old faces, and many new ones, showing up; all manner of interactions among y'all without me even getting around to RP with everyone directly! While I missed half the text of what was going on, I thoroughly enjoyed what a wide spectrum of PCs made an appearance. I'm sure I'll see you around :)
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf