Copper's Sketchbook - Characters & Misc

For everything outside of TER.
Copper Dragon

Re: Copper's Sketchbook - Characters & Misc

Postby Copper Dragon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:05 pm

Artemis Armour Design 3 & Equipment

Clerics hold a special little place in my imagination, and I enjoy visualising how their attire would look like the most. There is something fascinating to me about the combination of armour and ceremonial gear; steel and cloth, a blend of attention to the physical and the spiritual... But I digress.
Spoiler:
Artemis' equipment as of this date has become concrete in my mind's eye: ornamental halfplate with flower motifs fits Lathander's theme; prayer beads wrapped around her gloves or bracers shimmer in the right light; a gem-crowned mace is her favoured weapon (and the mace is, in general, Lathander's). Her pendant hangs from a chain and is clearly visible in the centre, her round shield hangs on her back, her helmet is hooked on a strap at her belt, and her potions the same. The tabard bears a sun-theme and the robes' pattern came very loosely from the Baldur's Gate II Lathanderite temple's interior design, but that might be just in my head.

Plus, drawing armour is great fun. :)
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Tailos

Postby Tailos » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 pm

Glorious!

cyberjesterb

Postby cyberjesterb » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:13 pm

Love it Kinga!
Bors
Orm
Ghaulvur Forlimodr

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:39 am

Well done and detailed armour. And, as I said it before, I do like the way you draw faces.

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:49 pm

In Character
Artemis usually walks the city streets with practiced elegance and a warm, strong presence, whose generosity she offers to those that look her way. While known to be an adventuress through her clerical duties, she is known to take great care not to appear in civilization with blemish, wounds or muck about her (unless she is just returning from an expedition, at worst). She has also been observed to be a good healer: the fact that her physical appearance has not suffered under the strains of adventuring life, and that she tends to make sure her allies are no more marred than when they'd set out, may attest to that.

It is strange then that Dawnlord D'Assanthe can be spotted with a scar for a day or two now. The uplifting radiance that so characterises her has subtly lessened in its shine - those that know her or have seen her enough would note this the most. To all others, she may still look refined; elegant; confident; a woman of Lathander's light. The mark can be distracting, but she still bears herself with pride and has not surrendered her good taste and courtesy.

But like a mist-veiled sunrise, she is not at her full glory.

The wound runs from her right jaw down to her neck, and while it is without infection or puss, it is jagged and strange. A serrated blade could have caused it if it were wielded clumsily, but that does not fully explain its pattern.

Surely within a day or two it will be gone, and this is but a display of the harsh reality of adventurers; and a display of not letting setbacks jar anyone.

Out Of Character
This is the first time Artemis has lost a stat during her career on TER. I have the good fortune of being able to depict how I think it would come into play - and I chose for this interpretation. Rather than emoting the scar every time, I hope this might be more useful.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

ljuslek

Postby ljuslek » Sun May 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Just chiming in to say that these are some lovely drawings. Thanks for sharing!

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Sun May 01, 2016 4:57 pm

ljuslek wrote:Just chiming in to say that these are some lovely drawings. Thanks for sharing!
Seconded!
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Shadowtim3

Postby Shadowtim3 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:43 pm

Poisonous wrote:
ljuslek wrote:Just chiming in to say that these are some lovely drawings. Thanks for sharing!
Seconded!
Third. XD

Timothy Skyraven, Paladin of Ilmater (Main)
Beldur Wolfheart

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:10 pm

I shall cast Animate Dead on this thread - although largely I haven't had the inclination or inspiration to draw, I did get around to a sketch today. I have been meaning to share my PC's ceremonial Lathanderite attire. I hope it'll help your imagination when I describe it in emotes!

Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:31 am

Amazing! I wish I could draw clothing that well.
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest