A warrior reborn

For out-of-game events, wrapping up in-game adventures and rumours.
Kerstman

A warrior reborn

Postby Kerstman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Recently, Leopold, the Damaran priest of Tempus ran into Jonan. The warrior well known in Impiltur, with a certain reputation to carry. There were some other adventuring folk present when they met and Jonan started to ramble somewhat incoherently. Leopold addressed him calmly and suggested to go with him to the Temple of the Triad. It seemed like they had previously discussed doing this.

Once arrived at the temple the priest respectfully greeted Jerek of Ilmater, Lady Laumonte of the Red Knight and also a young boy by the name of Edvard. He smiled warmly to the kid and told him how much bigger he had gotten since the last time they met. Soon enough they walked to the next room, where Kelda of Ilmater was working. Leopold told Jonan to wait a second as he had a word with Kelda.

“Kelda, you know this man. Many of these lands do. He is as famous as he is infamous, yet I am serious when I say he is a great warrior and I’d happily have him fight by my side. Jonan Mard of Yartar. It has occured to me some time ago that his dubious manners and behaviour may well not be a flaw of character, for I believe he is good at heart. Through Tempus’ powers I, but more importantly Jonan himself discovered he walks these lands of Impiltur in an afflicted state. I suspect all the battles he has endured have had their toll on him and there should be no shame in such. By Foehammer’s blessing his affliction was lifted, but temporarily. I know that Ilmater possesses the power to cure him completely. After all these years he believes it is time for such and he has the funds to pay you and Ilmater in return for this miracle. Funds he mostly gained by what he does best. Fight the enemies of Impiltur in a way that seems to have pleased Tempus, for he has won many a fight and walked away alive from several lost ones.”

At that Leo steps to the side and motions for Jonan to approach Kelda.

===================================

Later on Jonan and Leo are seen walking out of the gate and they seem to head to the southwest of Sarshel.

===================================

Some hours later they enter through the gates again. Leo holds Jonan’s arm high and starts to address the crowd in the square. No matter how big or small it may be at that time.

“Dear citizens of Sarhsel. Dear citizens of Impiltur, foreigners and adventurers. Here stands a warrior reborn. A good man. A good warrior. Many of you know him and many of you have an opinon of him. Jonan Mard of Yartar. I ask you to judge him not for who he was, but for who he now is. He was an internally conflicted and afflicted man. However, both Tempus and Ilmater aided him in curing him of this today. Permanently so. He shall fight for Tempus in Impiltur and he shall fight the enemies of the land as he has done before. I suggest if you seek assistance for such, he is a true asset to have on your side. Judge him for his actions and behaviour, but do this anew, from now on. As here stands a warrior reborn.”

At that, Leo lowers Jonan’s arm and he let’s go. He smiles broadly to Jonan and the crowd.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer