Reports From Ryldor Werther

For out-of-game events, wrapping up in-game adventures and rumours.
SpiralBright

Reports From Ryldor Werther

Postby SpiralBright » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:51 pm

Series:
The Missing Partrol
Maha
Brackenhorn

Standalone:
Manishie
Rodion
Last edited by SpiralBright on Tue May 03, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryldor Werther of Dilpur, Lord Helimbraun's Warsword
Hashard Kurant Vhelacleln, Triadic Priest of House Essldyr
Mill Marsby, poet and playwright.

Cardano Marl Sal Polani, Mercenary Fighter of The Stalwart Guard (Retired)

SpiralBright

Re: Reports From Ryldor Werther

Postby SpiralBright » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:52 pm

The Missing Patrol, I

Highsword Kirchoff,

Constable Adan Vela of Outentown informed me on the 2nd of Tarsakh of an issue that needed to be dealt with.
On the 3rd of Tarsakh, Constable Adan informed me that the issue was related to a missing patrol that came to Outentown but never returned. The patrol had headed east from the Herald’s Road along the River Mal. Blade Kirgen followed up on the patrol when they never returned. Constable Adan tasked me with searching for the missing patrol as a special assignment under your order. He informed me that goblins might have been involved too.
A few days prior I had personally witness Sword Dumar’s squad depart Sarshel at the behest of Warblade Zemensky. All appeared routine with exception to Dumar and Zemensly’s exchange regarding an unconfirmed rumour. I watched them leave through Sarshel’s gates and I later surveyed the surrounding area round Sarshel to see if they went around the area. I returned to Sarshel after not seeing them around the area.

On the 4th of Tarsakh, I assembled a group of adventuring types—four adventuring individuals total—to search and rescue the missing patrol. Blade Kirgen was among this group. We followed in the footsteps of the missing patrol from Outentown to a bridge on Herald’s Road near Outentown to east along the Mal. We were ambushed once by goblins that were hiding under the cover of darkness in the bushes and behind trees. We dealt with the ambushers swiftly, and continued east along the Mal. Following the tracks, we were able to locate the missing patrol after seeing smoke.

We arrived at a small cliffside where the ground was covered in ash, soot, bones, and broken foliage. Smoke filled the air heavily and blood stained most of the grass. There we found the four bodies of the missing patrol, Sword Dumar among them. Sword Dumar was repeatedly stabbed. One was impaled. One was bludgeoned to death. Another was impaled by falling off a cliff onto a rock. Blade Kirgen confirmed the bodies of the missing patrol. Warblade Zemensky was not among the dead. The one who dead by rocks was near a crevice. Strangely, among the bodies were shells from nuts. Uncommon in the land.

Large amounts of the smoke came from that crevice. Kirgen secured the surrounding area in order for the rest of the group to descend. The crevice led to a dark tunnel that was full of dead, a sort of catacombs. Undead rose from their place of rest and attacked. Multiple skirmishes occurred in the tunnels. The tunnel came to be a dead end with bloody smoke filling it. Within the smoke was a goblin who had been intensely burned. Yellow eyes, red and burnt skin. He carried on him a strange looking flask. I was able to calm the goblin down and convince him to rise to the surface with the group. Once we reached the surface, the goblin was able to explain what had happened with gestures since he could not communicate verbally. The missing patrol may have been affected by some strange concoction that had included nutshells in them. The burned goblin pointed us westward along the Mal in response to my question about more Warswords. Vaguely, the goblin may refer to the routine Warswords stationed nearby or to where Warblade Zemensky may be at. Perhaps, even hinting at another attack. Afterwards, we experienced the concoction first hand when the charred goblin escaped us by jumping into the river and throwing down the flask. It only affected one of us but it was able to confuse due to the gas contained instead of the flask. This may suggest that the goblins have created flasks that cause folk to be agitated and irritable; however, the damage done to the bodies and the burning and the smoke may also be attributed to the flask being able to combust.

It is inconclusive without the contents of the flask as it could be neither or both. For the moment, it should be noted that goblins carrying strange flasks are priority targets and to be treated as extremely dangerous. After further review of the bodies, it becomes hard to tell if they had hurt each other and or were attacked by enemies. The only thing for sure is that certain goblins are responsible for their deaths. The four bodies were recovered and brought to Garrmin to prepare them for further transport to Sarshel for the families.

Further action in and around Outentown is necessary to prevent another incident such as this from occurring.

Sword Ryldor Werther of Dilpur
Lord Helimbraun's Warsword

The Missing Patrol, II

Highsword Kirchoff,

On the 25th of Tarsakh, I, along with Warden Aubre, returned to where Sword Dumar and his lost patrol were slain at. At first, I brought her there to show her the scene of the incident, but then she started searching the area. She recovered walnuts that were left there from when the attack on Dumar’s patrol originally happened. With fresh eyes and a clearer head, my perspective on the incident changed without the focus of rescuing Warblade Zemensky and the missing patrol.

Several thoughts now come to mind after further investigation and re-evaluation of the incident.

On the original search and rescue, we were attacked by goblins but when we found the bodies of the missing patrols. Goblins may have recovered there dead or the attackers were able to dispatch them without casualty. Aubre did not subscribe to my thought that they potentially killed each other at first but elaborating further on the incident, she may have considered the thought that they could’ve killed each other. The impact of one fallen Blade on the rocks was the turning point for her on the idea. By following the idea that the attacker was able to confuse the Warswords to attack each other, their deaths seem more plausible in that regard. The alternative is the attacker, or attackers, was strong and skilled in martial fighting against multiple enemies. The multiple stab wounds on Sword Dumar in several places where his armor was certainly giving some evidence to a skilled attacker, especially if the stabbing happened during a fight.

This brings up an interesting question: why did the charred goblin escape into the underground if it was perfectly capable of defeating Dumar’s patrol, either with brute force or with cunning tactics? Where Dumar’s patrol was, the charred goblin could have easily snuck up and confused them all and leave without much difficulty in another direction. If there were other goblins nearby, are they associated with charred goblins? The charred goblin was alone in the underground, sitting scared for quite some time. Why did it escape down there? Reflecting upon the event once more, I believe the charred goblin did indeed confess to being involved in the deaths of the Warswords but it was not the main perpetrator. Goblins may not be best brightest and confessing to killing individuals that look similar would not bode well for it. So why reveal details? The charred goblin may have simply been coerced or acted as it was expected to act. The other glaring detail was the severe lack of burning in the area and on the Warswords. Despite there being fire and burning marks around the immediate area, the alchemical fire was not the main cause of death for the Warswords—it was physical wounds. I don’t quite remember the condition of the recovered fallen, but Garrmin certainly would remember the condition of them since he helped prepare them for transport.

When Aubre and I investigated the barrow, we were able to return to where the charred goblin hid itself at. Nothing of interest was there except a flask of curious liquid, much like the flask the charred goblin had. In addition, it appeared that we weren’t the only ones looking into the barrow. I found a separate set of tracks that led elsewhere in the barrows. This path was not apparent at first due to the mud and the smoke, but a different path existed this time. Aubre and I followed the tracks to a heavy stone door and it took our combined strength to open it. Whoever went the way we attempted to follow, they had the ability to exert great force as well as deal with the undead by themselves. With this new individual in mind, whomever they are, they could be the main perpetrator due to the force shown. Perhaps strong enough and skilled enough to take on a small patrol of Warswords with minimal injury. Aubre and I weren’t able to follow the tracks all the way due to a big resistance of undead that blocked our path beyond the heavy door and we retreated to safety.

At this time, I cannot recommend sending in a Warsword unit to further investigate the barrows due to the dangers there--the environment and the undead. The conditions would certainly lead to multiple deaths as Aubre and I narrowly escaped. All I can recommend at the current time is possibly enlisting the help of adventurers and mercenaries, especially those of priestly background, to help delve the barrows. However, this lead may have to wait as patrolling the road may be more beneficial versus the risks involved.

I will speak with Remov concerning what I recovered in due time.

The Missing Patrol, III

Highsword Kirchoff,

On 1st of Mirtul, Blades Allins, Adski, and Indal under my command were tasked with investigating a strange noise coming from somewhere along the river Mal. With the assistance of Warden Aubre, and two notable individuals, we set off immediately to determine the source of the noise. Indal led us to the fishing boat on the river Mal and then we crossed over. The area we landed in was mostly overgrown due to being part of a dense wilderness that is not visited often. Upon landing, we were attacked by one undead that was quickly taken care of, and it came out of a crevice in the nearby rocks. Further inspection of the crevice revealed that it led into a barrow, the very same barrow that I have delved into for the first rescue attempt and for a follow up investigation.

We encountered more resistance from the undead and cleansed their bodies for the time being. Of note, set of tracks was in the barrow’s soil—supposedly that of a two-legged individual. The tracks went off in two separate directions, one toward a heap of soil that was disturbed and one into murky waters. We did not inspect much of the soil mound due to time. We kept hearing a voice calling out from a distance, and it traveled very far. Crossing through murky waters, we brought down a horde of undead without causalities, only injuries. Sometime after defeating the horde, we recovered a strange copper amulet. At first it was guessed that the barrows may have come from the time of Old Impiltur, but the amulet was inspected and predicted to to be from the early-mid 900 DRs based on its design and engravings. Despite my protest of leaving the amulet, Aubre recovered the amulet for further research into the barrows. I opposed due to the safety of my Blades at the cost angering Old Impilturan spirits. The amulet is to be examined for authenticity and later to be turned in as a historical artifact if genuine.

When we got closer to voice, we came to a petrified wooden door, much like the one Aubre and I came across before. We opened the door and found a man in very poor condition. He was gaunt and heavily wounded. His armor was in shambles, his lacked a shield and a ranged weapon. He had on him his longsword, a shortsword, and a helmet. His cloak was exceptionally filthy. His satchel was depleted and rotting away from being down in the barrow. He said he might have been down there for days or tendays. It has three tendays since the Dumar’s patrol was defeated. For a man to survive that long is an extraordinary feat if true. I called Indal in to confirm the identity of the man to be one Warblade Zemenesky and he did with some hesitation. I had some reservations about Indal and his involvement on the first rescue mission and later this mission, but for a man that was desperate to find his friend three tendays before, he didn’t have the same excitement. It was an underwhelming experience for him. For someone he considered his friend, he did not act like it nor did Zemenesky. However, I do not know their relationship outside of Indal’s version of it. Perhaps, Zemenesky and him have a more private relationship or a more work-based one. That is speculation for another time. In Zemenesky’s current condition, he needed immediate clerical services and Aubre was able to render aid to get him going. Zemenesky couldn’t stop talking about what he went through and what was going on. It appeared that he had a lot on his mind and a lot to say—for better or for worse. I didn’t allow Aubre to question him much in the barrows due to predicament and the danger around the unit. I ordered Indal to assist Zemenesky in walking out and he didn’t appear enthused at the task. We made our way out of the barrow without much difficulty but still some hardships. The two notable individuals broke off from our unit but they performed and behaved well during the mission. I commend them both for their effort and spirit.

Despite the tension Aubre and I experienced with each other, we both agreed that information needed to be obtained from Zemenesky and we compromised on an impromptu interrogation in the wilderness on the way back to Outentown. I requested that Allins, Adski, and Indal survey the surrounding area after clearing out a cave of water skitters. Since we were in the area, there was work to be done keeping the road safe and it had been quite some time since the last goblin attack on the road. They encountered a small number of goblins but nothing concerning. Allins filled Constable Vela in on the local movement.

During the time the Blades were away, Aubre and I began our interrogation of Zemenesky. Over the course of the interrogation, one thing became clear. Zemenesky’s account matched up with the reasoning and evidence we had found prior to his rescue. The patrol had left Sarshel with Dumar’s reluctance until Dumar himself had approved the goblin patrol. From what I recall, Constable Vela informed me—based on the assumption that this detail came from you Highsword—that the patrol was not approved, by anyone, for investigating the goblins. Blade Indal even confirmed on that first meeting that Zemenesky had been talking about the goblins with passing with him and he framed it as a rumour, not fact. They supposedly went toward Angelus Bridge and then suddenly changed to go east along the river Mal. Sometime during their patrolling, arguments broke out until one came caused the incident. By his account, Sword Dumar was berating his Blades and wished them to be more than what they were and disliked that they were off on a lowly assignment regarding goblins instead of out in other neighboring nations, preparing and fighting a war. His escalation in attitude caused tensions to break, and this resulted in physical violence. Zemenesky, along with another Blade—the one who wielded a spear—attacked Dumar in retaliation. Supposedly, Dumar had been choking them. Zemenesky gave some matching details of the wounds and injuries on the bodies of his fellow Warswords.

Sometime during the fight, a goblin showed up a throw a flask at them. Zemenesky confirmed that they encountered fire but did not say if they were alchemical in nature. He was able to stab the goblin in the stomach. Zemenesky seemed to say that he might not have been affected, both he and the goblin survived the fall down the small cliff, and both went into the barrow. For some reason, he chose to pursue the goblin and lost track of the goblin. He later encountered undead and ran for his life until he made himself a safe spot behind the petrified door. He continuously blamed Dumar for what happened through the interrogation—no matter how trivial. He also mentioned that he was from Outentown and spoke with the Ovduls and the Lanars about the goblins.

Details of his account line up with evidence found while other details are left out and or questionable. From my personal observation, I saw Sword Dumar’s patrol leave Sarshel; I do not know what was exactly changed between the two of them because of the distance, but Dumar appeared hesitant and unsure while the Warblade appeared to be driving his Sword to act on his behalf. This contradicts his account of the departure where the other Blades were supposedly informed on the goblin situation and the ushering of Dumar to get it done after the approval. If Dumar had indeed listened to his Warblade, why was Dumar choosing to direct them instead of Zemenesky? Understandable there is a chain of command, but it was an opportunity for Zemenesky to prove himself. Instead Zemenesky chose to pass off the blame to Dumar and the dead. Zemenesky also backtracked his previous statement, not admitting to suffering from confusion. He seemed very sure of his story in the barrows that Dumar attacked them and that they were not confused. In the barrows, I mentioned fumes without saying a state of confusion and he took that to mean fire. Later he said they might have suffered from headaches but Dumar was acting strangely before the headaches came. In addition, Zemenesky exercised poor judgement in pursuing their goblin attacker instead of assisting his fellow Warswords. He never clearly stated how they died, and Garrmin confirmed that only one suffered a severe burn injury while the others were minor to barely existent. One of the Warswords fell down too and landed on the rocks below the cliff and died. Zemenesky and the goblin were able to survive the fall somehow. One goblin alone could not take on five Warswords but if they were confused, they could take on each other. There was also a lack of a bludgeoning weapon on any of them. The goblin had a dagger. Potentially, the death of one of the Warswords was possibly due to blunt force trauma caused by force of a person and not by a weapon. From my personal observation of how one notable individual under my command was affected by the vial of confusing gas, the effects lasted for some time but not a long time. The timing of their deaths is inconclusive but if one of them must’ve shaken off the hazy mind, they might all have been able to survive with careful movement and control. Coincidentally, Zemenesky was not heavily affected by this confusing gas. Zemenesky had more reason to stay and protect his fellow Warswords than chase a goblin because of a rumour.
Blades Indal, Allins, and Adski performed exceptionally well in the barrows and in their short patrolling of the river Mal. They may return to their original Swords following the conclusion of the mission—the return of Zemenesky to Sarshel—I would not like to deprive my fellow Swords of their good folk.

There is much more I can write concerning this incident but I am running out of candlelight and moonlight before Aubre departs to Sarshel in advance to deliver this report. I have chosen to remain in Outentown with the squad to assist in the surrounding area and to let Zemenesky recover for a day or two. I will follow up on local leads regarding this incident as Zemenesky has mentioned the folk of Outentown and I need to align or dismantle stories.

One thing I know for certain is that Zemenesky did not like Dumar. His account was very well rehearsed. He had much time to think about what to say and he couldn’t contain himself from saying it. He appears to have a dislike of the Triadic faith. He and Aubre did not get along well. He seems a bit apprehensive to return to duty, almost not willing to return due to reasons. Ironically, when he and I spoke briefly without Aubre present, he posited that maybe Dumar was right about war.

I request access to the service records of Blade Kirgen Indal, Warblade Zemenesky, and Warblade Okrham Gerraeli for further investigation into who they are. I have a suspicion about them without any substantial evidence for now. I will meet with Sword Sivvar regarding his Warblade and his own record when I have the chance.

I request the names of the Warsword patrol that stopped by in Relgar around the 10th of Tarsakh since they were happened to be searching for Maha and I would like to know who they are in case future events call for me to gain information or request aid from them related to Maha.

I also request that Warblade Zemenesky be placed temporarily under my command pending any consequences and reassignment to another unit as a way to transition him back to duty without fully taking on his duties as a Warblade so soon. I do not recommend that he be left alone without a watchful eye and that he does not get direct interactions with other Warblades in Sarshel. He will need to be questioned further.

I request an update from the two patrols of the Coastal Road and their efforts as I have not been informed about what movement has been happening in that part of Impiltur.

The Missing Patrol, IV
Zemenesky and his Farmstead

The Missing Patrol, V
Zemenesky's Return
Last edited by SpiralBright on Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SpiralBright

Postby SpiralBright » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:58 pm

Maha, I

I received witness testimonies from the incident in the alleyway involving the bombing of a building. Two notable individuals gave me their statement on the matter; these same individuals were the ones who obtained a sample of the oil while out in the wilderness from a charred goblin. They were granted a token from Remov for their work.

After their “reward,” they ran into the Tormtar Aubre, and a young boy came out of the alley way seeking help. The boy informed Aubre that there was noise—a meeting of some kind—happening near the building he lived in. The boy, perhaps, knew from daily observation or happenstance that the building had a connection to criminal mastermind, W. Somehow the boy had obtained a brooche to gain entry into the meeting, and this was given to the Aubre and the two notable individuals. I suspect Aubre has given her own account so I will focus on what the two notable individuals told me from their perspective. Sometime during this conversation another notable individual became involved and paired up with Aubre; Aubre and the other individual escaped via trapdoor. All individuals involved somehow gained entry into to meeting; however, it was the first two notable individuals that I have the testimonies of. They were greeted by a butler at the door and were allowed to go in except as soon as the door was opened, the building exploded due to the use of alchemical fire. The center of the explosion may have occurred in the main hall and the roof collapsed. They helped in the rescuing and evacuation of folk—who were suspected as merchants and traders—from the building and shepherd them to the temple for aid. The fire stuck to the walls and objects but the fire did not spread to neighboring buildings by their account. The two notable individuals were not able to participate in the meeting or gain actionable information, but they learned that it was an auction involving the sale of “ink.” Whether ink refers to normal ink for writing, for magic, or for other purposes at this time.

I asked the Ilmateri individual—someone that should be able to understand the suffering of others and the actions one takes to alleviate suffering—their opinion of Maha. The individual believes Maha to be detached from their actions in their pursuit of revenge, a journey of self-justice, against individuals or groups that have wronged her. No evidence suggests who Maha is or how Maha has suffered outside the use of fire and the targeting of the most powerful crime syndicate and trading ships. There may be a connection to the economy and the black market, but nothing conclusive to support this conjecture.

Post-Script
The two notable individuals have revised their account and have expressed concerns about the management of this investigation, notably regarding the involvement of Remov and the Easting Trade Guild.

The revised account is more of an extension of what happened, but an issue arose.

Both were offended that their testimonies—before the submission of my written report—was to be taken by Niva Remov, who has been granted a small position of responsibility and authority, instead of an official representing the Crown in a more aligned capacity, one that is directly related to law enforcement. Both individuals refused to give their statement to Remov and declined further interaction. They expressed regret in that the oil sample given had to go into the hands of Remov and was not in the hands of the Crown proper.
Furthermore, they are outraged at the conflict of interest involved, or perhaps at the potential involvement of the Easting Trading Guild at the auction. It is unconfirmed but they suspect that certain individuals at the auction may be connected to the Easting Trading Guild. If the temple has taken the names and descriptions of the individuals aided on the day of the alley incident, it is imperative that affiliations should be looked into more, if they have not been looked into yet.

While the notable individuals were helping the traders and merchants to the temple, they saw a man drop a bag on the ground in the building and retrieve another bag—or container—and flee the scene. Within the dropped bag, there were the oil of the alchemical fire, a spider necklace that supposedly protects against poison, and many magical crystals that an Art practitioner would use in the creation of magical objects. Another bag was found but it had ointment related to the clerical profession, possibly related or unrelated. Unfortunately, this sample of the oil is not in possession of the Crown. A blonde-haired lady hailing from Ruathym gained possession of the oil and seeks to pursue her own leads. I will track down the individual and see what she has uncovered and repossess the oil if still in her possession.
It is clear from this interaction that individuals may be not be trusting of individuals who are not a main part of the government structure as Remov, and the Easting Trading Guild by extension, is an auxiliary part to the economy of Impiltur and not one of law enforcement. This investigation may fall apart and have unfillable holes without the proper foundation to support the efforts needed. Therefore, I recommend that a Warsword or a Sarshellan city guard is attached to Remov for the purpose of easing tension and distrust if Remov wishes to fulfill her role in the questioning and testimony gathering aspect. This is not an endorsement of Remov, and by extension the Easting Trading Guild, however, and is a measure to prevent further resistance if Remov is the only member of this investigation available and accessible. The potential involvement of the Easting Trading Guild in suspicious activities would set back the investigation and stoke the flames further. Public opinion must be recognized and controlled in the pursuit of Maha. if she gains support from the public due to the growing mistrust and illegal activities of third parties, she will have twisted justification for her current actions against certain individuals and groups. As it stands, the Easting Trading Guild may be considered a liability to certain individuals but not to certain groups. I will continue to observe and gather opinions regarding the Easting Trading Guild. As of this time, I do not have an official endorsement or denouncement of Remov and the Easting Trading Guild based on the testimonies I have gathered.

I will speak with Remov when I run into her again.

Maha, II
Who is Maha?

Maha, III
The Ambush

Maha, IV
Doubt
Last edited by SpiralBright on Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpiralBright

Postby SpiralBright » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:59 pm

Brackenhorn, I

On the 13th of Tarsakh, I visited Thelnam in an attempt to track down missing persons that were sent toward Thelnam to assist with a transportation issue of goods. I searched the trail and surrounding area to Thelnam and I found no signs of the missing persons despite the individuals originally involved in the transport of goods making it to Outentown. Local middle-aged fishermen informed me that Thelnam was reaping the benefits of the storms and the fish brought by it. One individual in particular benefited more than the folk of Thelnam. Szhirco Brackenhorn, a supposed foreigner living in a Dilpur home—as stated by Remov; he takes the young folk of Thelnam out into the sea to fish and he captains the ship that is bringing a surplus of fish into several villages and Sarshel. Nothing from the fishermen stood out about Brackenhorn other than taking advantage of the youth’s lack of awareness.

On the 14th of Tarsakh, two notable individuals ran into Brackenhorn. The sailor’s shipment was attacked and he suspected the attacker to be Maha due to the use of alchemical fire. They explained that Brackenhorn looked creepy, walked creepily, and an odd stance. He not only sells fish but he sells textiles too. The same notable individual told me that Brackenhorn was offering coin to folk who would find and kill Maha. Brackenhorn may be collateral in this on-going event, but he has certainly profited from the sale of fish and perhaps textiles if any ships carrying textiles was hit.

Regrettably, I have no knowledge of Brackenhorn outside of testimonies and the name does not strike me as familiar. Indeed, he is not from Dilpur and holds a shaky reputation with certain groups in Thelnam but perhaps has a good reputation in Dilpur to bringing trade and work.

Brackenhorn, II

After a whole season, (9th of Marpenoth, for the record) I've met the mysterious foreign entrepreneur known as Brackenhorn in Scarlet's Wake, one of the newest establishments in Dilpur. He is every bit of the man I've heard about. The rumours do seem to be somewhat true, he does appear creepy yet well spoken. The air around him is quite something. He's very involved with business and politics, more knowledgeable than the average person in Impiltur about it too. Well connected concerning certain affairs of the Kingdom, which may be of some concern, but knowing isn't necessarily a sign of malintent. He's done the work to make sure he's right but has acted how he has seen fit. Although the fires have died down, it seems he carries a grudge still and perhaps knows there is still someone out there for his revenge.

I will have to keep an eye on him for further investigation. For now, he's not a person of interest, but that may change in the coming days. "Don't bite that hand that feeds you" comes to mind when I think of how he has involved himself in Impiltur at large and Dilpur in particular. I suspect Brackenhorn knows how to bite back in a different way than what he has shown.

Last edited by SpiralBright on Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpiralBright

Postby SpiralBright » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:59 pm

Rodion

On an unrelated note, it has come to my attention that a local nuisance has been verified. The individual known as Rodion has desecrated headstones across Impiltur—from just outside the walls of Sarshel to even a few remote areas. It has been known for sometime that headstones were being altered supposedly by Rodion, although there was a lack of real evidence or testimony to support it, as anyone can alter a headstone with the proper tools and pass the blame off to someone else. One would surely think that someone couldn’t be stupid enough to lay claim to a crime they committed. This was not the case. A handful of individuals have reported to me that Rodion himself has confirmed that he is the individual altering headstone with his name and poor etchings. One notable individual informed me that Rodion “called the dead useless and makes art [on headstones] to make them more memorable.” This is disrespectful and outrageous in our Kingdom as we respect our dead immensely and treat them with dignity. I recommend a charge of desecration of graves is brought against Rodion with the testimonies given.

SpiralBright

Postby SpiralBright » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:56 pm

Manishie

Manishie—Solanaceae, her stage name—has expressed interest in being involved with current affairs in a more official capacity, either as a Warsword or as a sanctioned adventurer.

She has displayed bravery in combat and sympathy for impilturans. She is young but she has a strong heart.

Of minor note, she assisted me in a local matter in Outentown where we were able to bring the Lanar family of Outentown closure to the disappearance of a family member who died in pursuit of a qourkutsiza—in this case a troll. Skeptical at first, she understood the meaning behind the folklore and traditions of the rural communities. A minor matter when compared to current events but of major significance to the family she helped. She has a great appreciation of folklore and the lives of the rural folk, knowing that they are what make up our culture and traditions. Related, we went to Relgar and she brought the old fishermen that stay around there close to tears with her playing. She made them feel connected when they were disconnected from the rest of Impiltur.

Of major note, she assisted me in the first recovery mission of the missing patrol that headed to Outentown and the surrounding area. Without hesitation and on short notice, she volunteered to help rescue the missing patrol, and she helped in the examination of the dead patrol members, demonstrating her fact-finding ability.

She later joined me in a gnoll hunt when members of the temple were attacked on the road. We were able to clear out a slave camp that the gnolls had set up and slew one of the gnolls that looked to be leading a group to enslave more folk.

Of varying significance, she has, on occasion, aided me in patrolling the region.