Kathleen Fiddlegem

For character backgrounds and journals.
mf_hansen

Kathleen Fiddlegem

Postby mf_hansen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:45 am

OOC info: Below pages are IC accessible to anyone who finds and reads through "Kat"s journal (level 1 with 400xp). First page is written in Common but remainder requires understanding Gnim/Gnomish language and Dethek runes (example seen above). See my forum profile "location" to the left when I am normally in game or Discord, or "contact" to send a forum private message when I am offline (mf_hansen in game/Discord also).

Dear reader, if you find this journal please return it to me at next convenience -- there may be a reward for this -- I can often be found near: "the Sailor's Star tavern in Sarshel" is written on a strip of paper glued to the page. Inside the back cover is a fairly recent portrait to help you find me, maybe some of the locals recognize me. Brown hair, green eyes, and yes I am a gnome, not a chubby child, despite what many of them claim. The rest below you probably cannot read, that is fine, thanks for the help!

Last edited by mf_hansen on Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:06 am, edited 23 times in total.

mf_hansen

Locations

Postby mf_hansen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 am

Settlements
  • Outentown farmers village with Ilmater temple, northern farm lodgings for 15sardil, and a tavern. Small market sells fruit, cheap arms and general camping supplies.
Travel Paths
  • Twind Trail farmers mentioned this if main road is ever blocked. From Sarshel through stables, turn left at the T and up the hill, then turn right ignoring the caravan on left, and near Outentown is a pole with feathers on top, follow these poles along the trail.
Sarshel Districts
  • Dockyards north end of city square, there is an alley going there also I think. Found an abandoned building I can rest in for now, just beware street muggers in back alleys at night. Functionals store has crossbow bolts for sale.
  • City Square just inside main gate, with blacksmith and markets west of the Sailor's Star inn. South of that is Sayildi's sheesh parlor from Calimshan, with an alley behind it.
  • City South south end of city square, has the mortuary and Temple of the Triad, should be an alley going there also, east side. South east of temple is the Old Quarter.
  • Old Quarter might be more decrepit even than dockyards, lots of narrow alleys, stairways and dead ends. Temple of Lathander has seen somewhat better days.
Last edited by mf_hansen on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

mf_hansen

Individuals

Postby mf_hansen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:56 am

Fiddlegem family
  • Dad Liam worked as gemcutter, but now a lock and trapsmith in older years when strength faded. Taught me a lot in both respects, I miss his calm influence.
  • Mom Cara is stubborn, but quite good with alchemy and medicine. She spent most her time locked away in study of illusion magicks back home.
  • Brother Sean died to a trappers prank accident 1365DR and it was my fault. He was always in such a good mood. I am never drinking again.
  • Sister Shauna ten years my junior, very pretty and works as a cook or tap dancer in the home tavern, depending on her latest fancy. She never blamed me.
Independent
  • Iron Mask in Blue (PC face not yet seen: Abdul Rashid) helped me with directions in Sarshel, said his face was burned in an accident 10 years ago. Weird voice but seems quite helpful.
  • Azarbuslar von Stahl (PC face seen) dwarf helped me through the kobolds in the basement hole near Outentown, good axe fighter, quiet.
  • Entheo (PC face not yet seen) auctions off some items in Sarshel, unaware some of them had been cursed it seems.
  • Waystalker (PC face not yet seen) in a green cloak, elf, killed a docks woman - perhaps over a cursed item he or she got from an auction recently.
  • Elgee (PC face seen: Li'l Gruumsh) green skinned half-orc? Tends to roam outside Sarshel instead of inside, great fighter, quite intimidating first glance.
  • Phizani Wimble (Lv2 not encountered)
  • Bari Bay (Lv3 name still unknown)
  • Crafyr Rias (Lv1 not seen 00:00 GMT+1)
  • Carnifex (Lv1 not seen 00:00 GMT+1)
  • Belbarbrim (Lv2 not seen 00:30 GMT+1)
  • Ikara Nature Called (Lv1 not seen 08:30 GMT+1)
  • Waern Rutton (Lv2 not seen 08:30 GMT+1)
  • Nisha (Lv1 not seen 21:00 GMT+1)
Last edited by mf_hansen on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 12 times in total.

mf_hansen

Bestiary

Postby mf_hansen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:56 am

Vermin
  • Spiderling about a foot in size, they can be danger in great numbers. Bring potions of health before poison spreads, antidote or bite kits afterward just in case.
  • Rat big dire ones maybe two-three feet long, beware in small ones in big numbers, suffering many bites could risk disease perhaps.
Animals
  • Water snake about three feet long at most, possibly venomous. Likely quite fast and difficult to hit underwater, so stick to dry land.
Reptilians
  • Kobold about the size of a gnome, neither cares for each other. They often use traps and ambush with crossbows from behind.
Elementals
  • Emberling about the size of a gnome, burning hot so bring flame retardant armor or magical resistances of some kind.
Last edited by mf_hansen on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

mf_hansen

Recipes

Postby mf_hansen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:57 am

mf_hansen

Arcana

Last edited by mf_hansen on Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mf_hansen

Quests

Ruins & Wilds
  • Outentown Rafters (finished 1368DR-09-21 last) above one of the farm stablehouses, abandoned but found a body covered is webs. Small spiderlings crawl down from the ceiling occasionally.
  • Cave Cellar (finished 1368DR-09-23 last) next to a cottage past a small pond, west out of Sarshel toward Outentown. Only small rats and bats inside, and remains of some traveler by the end of it.
  • Boarded Doorway (visited 1368DR-09-23 except sewers) in Sarshel Docks south end, rats inside and sewers further down. Not much upstairs either, abandoned for some years it seems.
  • Sarshel Sewers (visited 1368DR-09-23 entrance only) below Sarshel Docks, big rats and water snakes. Quite dark and water/sewage up to the chest, might need disease remedies.
  • Broken Window (finished 1368DR-09-26 last) from Sarshel Docks rampart, small spiderlings inside, cocoons of bodies or more spiderlings, and a tunnel to a cellar under the North West Farms.
  • Haberdashery (visited 1368DR-09-27 except cellar) abandoned behind Sayildi in Sarshel, loose boards can be removed for entry, rats inside and shouting of a madwoman in cellar below. Best stay clear of her.
  • Steam Cellar (visited 1368DR-09-27 except upstairs) trapdoor behind Sayildi in Sarshel, found a corpse with emberling scorch marks so keep a distance. Body carried lockpicks, maybe the rooms above are trapped.
  • Vanguard Terrace 2 (visited 1368DR-09-21 except upstairs) abandoned in Sarshel South, broken window. Heard voices inside, maybe burglars trying to force a door open. They mentioned "Adnan" whoever that is, best keep clear.
  • Basement Hole (finished 1368DR-09-21 last) outside a ruined building north east of Outentown, kobolds and traps inside so best to bring muscle along. Fletcher travels nearby some days.
  • Crevice Hole (visited 1368DR-09-22 entrance only) on a hill just west of Sarshel, fire beetles inside, so it is best to bring fire resistance of some kind.
  • Webbed Hole (visited 1368DR-09-27 entrance only) along the Twind Trail, spiderlings inside and most likely something bigger as well.
  • Ruins Grating (visited 1368DR-09-27 entrance only) along the Twind Trail near campsite, strange noises, abandoned corridors, very unsettling.
Rumors & Tasks
  • Missing Cart rumored toward Thelnam by the north east coast from Outentown tavern. Cart driver Tomasz (or a "Zwittelbaum" in Sarshel?) might pay for returning its pickled herrings cargo.
  • Alley Porthole behind the Sailor's Star asking for a password (overheard "owls" mentioned) and a receipt, big mystery what is inside there.
  • Crumpled Note from broken window apartment asking "Pzhemislav" to deliver "R" some crates (except a red one "Urosh" could not leave alone for "her") at night so peasants do not notice. Anyone leaving "the barn" should be "interrogated".
  • Large Hornets near Outentown farms, Sarshel job notice mentions their hive on a hill overlooking Mal Wash river. Bring lots of antivenom.
  • Small Bandits at night on the road to Songhall, glowing eyes, hidden, traps. Kobolds, or something worse? Best travel at daytime.
  • Burial Grounds outside Sarshel scare away the groundskeepers all the time, stay there for the night and investigate why. Undead?
  • Songhall Library "House of Many Tomes" seeking scholars to proofread a lot of books. Sounds very tedious but safe.
  • Vlasta Metal scrap wanted by their blacksmith, for smithing arms against the dangers from Earthspur mountains nearby.
  • Heltharn Gardens need grove tenders to care for their flowers, supposedly quite tasty but very delicate also.
  • Missing Wives "Gretchen" and "Tilman's girl" mentioned by Sarshel dockworkers, said "Old Erba" saw something with red eyes look at her. Where I wonder?
Last edited by mf_hansen on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 26 times in total.

mf_hansen

Appendix

Postby mf_hansen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:58 am

mf_hansen

Diary

Postby mf_hansen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:58 am

1368 DR
  • 09.29 Eleint traveled with, a half-orc I think, yesterday. Gave me quite the shock at first, but "Elgee" was more focused on beating down anyone attacking us in the wilds - with great proficiency I might add. Today in Sarshel I overheard someone talk of a "demon cult" or such, and a warehouse nearby, best keep clear of such things. Have not seen "Elgee" since, likely avoiding the bigger cities.