A Call for Assistance: to Survey the Realm

For organizing adventures, selling items and advertising services.
Aethereal
Administrator, Builder, DM

A Call for Assistance: to Survey the Realm

Postby Aethereal » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:29 am

A crisp new poster finds itself upon the noticeboards of the city, and in Songhall.

Dear citizens and travellers,

I address you currently as a Lorekeeper in Residence at the House of Many Tomes, to announce the works I have planned in contribution to the archives and the continued enlightenment of all who make the pilgrimage to such a worthy place in the realms.

It is my intention to survey and chronicle the realm nestled within the Easting Reach, from the cities and settlements such as Sarshel, Songhall, and Dilpur to the marvels of its natural beauty and wilderness, as well as those who call it home.This land is a mystery to me though, and for that reason I seek the assistance of those who would find value in this admittedly ambitious work.

Be you of Sarshel, naming this land your home, knowing of its ways; or be you traveller between cities along the Easting Reach, well versed in the lay of the land; or be you ranger who keeps watch over the wilds, aware of both the danger and beauty of nature; or be you adventurer or archaeologist drawn by the allure of what may be found amongst the ruins of fallen empires; truly be you anyone who values this place, I call upon your aid.

In return, I shall have your contributions known in the works to come, that you may be acknowledged for your expertise, skill or knowledge and remembered for all posterity. And I shall do what I may to aid you with my own knowledge and insight along the way.

I can be contacted at the House of Many Tomes in Songhall, via the noticeboards of Sarshel, or you might simply find me during my surveys around the city.

Warm regards,
Eldaereth Sharantar
Lorekeeper in Residence, The House of Many Tomes

Aethereal
Administrator, Builder, DM

In Consideration of Arcane Defence: A Bounty Upon Spell Scrolls

Postby Aethereal » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:43 pm

With recent developments, a new notice is appended to that of 'A Call for Assistance: to Survey the Realm'.

Dear citizens and travellers of the Realm,

I address you once more as Lorekeeper in Residence at the House of Many Tomes, and a sanctioned Researcher and Practitioner of the Art in the Realm.

In my observations and surveys which remain an ongoing process towards which I continue to seek assistance - and may soon be able to offer unique commendations for aid rendered - I have identified the necessity of improving my understanding of the arcane. This is due in no small part to the threats faced by Impiltur and its citizenry which exist beyond the walls of its cities and the patrols and outposts of the Warswords. These are dangers often met by the small but dedicated adventuring populace and in every such meeting there is a risk: what if an encounter with trouble led to the activation of a long-forgotten eldritch curse, the release of something that should not be, or instigated a greater retaliation from forces unknown?

It is in consideration of this danger and the need for being able to prevent it that I raise a bounty, to be paid upon delivery of spell scrolls and arcane formulae, as follows:

1st Circle: 10 sardils per scroll
2nd Circle: 40 sardils per scroll
3rd Circle: 1 halanth & 30 sardils per scroll
4th Circle & Beyond: TBD.

I will consider every scroll brought forward and invite fellow sanctioned magi to join in collaboration. Furthermore this venture is aimed at formulating a repository that may be drawn upon to the defence of the realm. As such, contributions given freely are also welcome.

Warm regards,
Eldaereth Sharantar
Sanctioned Researcher & Practitioner of the Art
Lorekeeper in Residence, The House of Many Tomes