Ilmatari correspondence - Cassandra

Astral Fire

Ilmatari correspondence - Cassandra

Postby Astral Fire » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:23 pm

//OOC: this letter was sent about 2 weeks after her arrival in Impulitur to the attention of Adorned Teresa

Sister Teresa,

I hope this letters finds you well in these dark times of suffering that Impulitur and its people have to endure. First of all, I wished to offer my deepest condolences for all the innocents that perished in the terrible event that occurred on Seventh Myrtul. My heart was deeply stuck by this terrible news, and I have said many a prayer to the Broken God for all the poor souls that were touched by taint and slain by evil on that sad day, so they can find peace and relief from their suffering.

I’m writing you this letter as a mean of introduction, hoping that you’ve already received the one sent by my master, Reverend Father Melder Rythtin of the House of the Broken God in Keltar. If you haven’t it’ll be my pleasure to give you in person a copy I have with me.

I am Sister Cassandra, and I’m at your service for whatever need our Church may require from me. Currently I am assisting Brother Garmin at the shelter in Outentown, and I sometimes visit Sarshel to preach the word of Ilmater and to help those in need.

I assume you’re very busy with the temple reconstruction and the kind care of those who are in need of the assistance of our beloved Crying God during these times of struggle and suffering, but there are several issues that I wish to present to you and humbly ask for your opinion about them. Therefore I would ask a private audience with you, compatibly with your busy schedule.

Your sister in faith and suffering,

Cassandra

Obsidian Sea

Re: Ilmatari correspondence - Cassandra

Postby Obsidian Sea » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Dearest Sister Cassandra,

I will do what I can to make my time available to you. The Broken God's need of helping hands in this area is great indeed, and that makes news of your arrival here gladdening, but it also must excuse me from meeting with you easily. I will do what I can to make it happen. Word of your coming had indeed reached me from the church in Hlammach, to which your Reverend Father's address had been relocated as a consequence of 7th Mirtul.

Your words are kind, and your work too. Brother Garrmin is a good man, aged beyond his years by the toil of holy labour as we all know it. Yet I hear that Outentown is prospering as much as any community can hope to in the course of this cursed weather.

If it transpires that we cannot soon meet, I think urgency must go towards the docks of Sarshel, where a man does what he can as the temporary caretaker of Kelda's Clinic, so named for Sister Kelda, who innovated the docks with its presence. Though he is, to my knowledge, a good man, it would be good for the people to see Ilmateri colours there, which they have come to trust. Unemployment has risen, and I know that the impoverished suffer more than I can tend to with my time and efforts.

Broken God embrace you,

Adorned Derlev, of Ilmater

20th Marpenoth; Leaffall
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Astral Fire

Postby Astral Fire » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:56 am

Dearest Sister Teresa,

Thank you for your kind reply. Of course I perfectly understand and I know there are more pressing matters at hand in this delicate period, and there’ll be no problem for me to wait a more proper moment. Our duty always come first. My prayers and my heart will always be with you and feel free to ask my help if you even need it for whatever task.

In the weeks following my first letter I already took the liberty to preach and help people in the Docks district, since it seemed the more poor and badly off part of the city. I hope I took the right initiative, for, as a foreigner, I humbly confess I still need to fully understand Impulitur and adapt to the customs and traditions of this land.

I know the man you speak of that manages Sister Kelda’s clinic in her absence. He’s a good and very loyal man, so I’m sure he made a perfect job at preserving and running the clinic so far, and of course I'm more than happy and honored to help the best I can.

Since many of these matters are very urgent, I’ll write them down in this letter, which I please you to forward to every Triadic authority you consider suitable to deal with these problems.

Unfortunately I’ve witnessed to many disturbing episodes during in these last weeks following my first letter. First of all, as you may know from the second letter I sent you a few weeks ago, I found myself in taking part in the events that lead to the defeat of that foul creature that corrupted the Velvet Chantry in Songhall. We caught an important victory, banishing the daemon back in the dark pit where it belonged, but not without consequences.
I'd like to update you about the situation. The Chantry has been sealed off and only partially cleansed of the corruption that lingered in that once holy place. The disciples of Lady Firehair have already been already been alterted and I hope they’ll soon come to restore the place to its former glory. Unfortunately I have to report the Sunites were not in good conditions last time I visited them, and in particular their minds are broken and tormented by the memories of what happened. I humbly suppose I could help them if needed of course, considering my expertise in these kind of matters.

But more urgent, I’ve joined an expedition that explored a strange tower located between Outentown and Sarshel, in the middle of the Mal Marsh area. It seemed a quite place, but, once we stepped in, we discovered it hosts not only an aggressive tribe of orcs, but that probably they are slaves or worshippers of a daemon that lives in the basement of the tower itself. It seemed very similar to the one that attacked the Velvet Chantry, so I suppose we’re dealing with another Desire Demon or Succubus. It’s unclear if the orcs follow or protect this creature willingly or not, not even if someone summoned it or it just found that tower as proper place to pursue its dark goals.
Regardless, I beg you to warn all the authorities of this further threat, for I honestly don’t know who to contact, save for you, High Dawnbringer D’Assanthe that I informed yesterday in person, and Lady Marrinson of Sune.

I’m really sorry to give you such troubling news and I hope these issues will be solved soon. May Ilmater help us and give us the strenght to endure the dark days ahead of us with his infinite compassion and love.

The Broken God embrace you as well,

Adorned Cassandra

22th Marpenoth; Leaffall

Astral Fire

Postby Astral Fire » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:26 pm

*a copy of this letter is given to Sister Kelda, another given to Sister Teresa and the last to Brother Garmin*

Dear Sisters,

I’m writing you because, while performing my duties, I encountered a group of disciples of Siamorphe, led by Lady Scion Louhi Laakonen. After a long conversation, we discussed about the situation of Sarshel and of the needs of the Impuliturians during these darks times, in particular with reference to poverty, starvation and unemployment.

They seemed to be very willingly to help the Church of the Triad to fight these plagues that afflict this land and they demanded a formal meeting with the Triadic authorities and asked me to formally introduce you to them in order to discuss the terms of the potential cooperation.
Lady Scion also added they’d give us already some support and they promised to supply three people in need of our choice with food and supplies as soon as the meeting will be organized and a date set. Of course, I didn't took any commitment on behalf of anyone. It's merely a non-binding opportunity for now, waiting to be evaluated by you and by our superiors.

Therefore I'm humbly asking for your advice and I would be waiting for more instructions about the meeting so I’ll be able to properly introduce them to you as they requested and find suitable solutions to help the people of Impulitur and, since I’m not very familiar with many other Triadic authorities, I’d please to forward this letter to you retain apt or interested in this matter.

May the Broken God embrace you

Your sister in faith and suffering

Adorned Cassandra

//I hope to have posted it in the right section! Feel free to move the post and add answers/comments!!
Last edited by Astral Fire on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Sister Kelda would privately let Theresa know that she and Sir Jerek are available for such a meeting, though she expresses skepticism and concern that they would not contact a representative of the church directly.

//Offering to handle this purely between pcs, or if preferred, a mix of pc and dm, or of course if the dm would prefer to handle it without a pc clergy member. Just lemme know. =)
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Astral Fire

Postby Astral Fire » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:21 am

//for me it's ok either way :)

Astral Fire

Postby Astral Fire » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:45 pm

*a copy of this missive is left to Brother Garrmin, Sister Teresa and at the 8 Monument Court to Kelda and Jerek*

Dearest brothers and Sisters,

It pains me to write you into such dramatic circumstances, but it seems out enemy, the Deamon that destroyed the Temple the 7th Myrtul, has returned.

I was conjured along with other adventurers willing to help to Vlasta, where the word of a deamon attack speard quickly, soon reaching Outentown and Sarshel through some Warswords that demanded help at the frontline.
I joined this adventures and, once arrived, the Lord of Vlasta ordered the evacuation of the town and asked our help in defending the caravans full of refugees.

Unfortunately the journey has been long and plagued not only by the harsh winter, but by the presence of many minor daemons that assaulted the caravan. Thanks to Ilmater and the bravery of the advenuters that followed us, we managed to wrestle their attacks and defeat all the deamon that tried to assault us. Many have fallen during this journey, including honorable Warswords and refugees. Almost two thirds of them managed to survive, but the most important news is that we saw with our eyes the Daemon Prince battling an angel on the other side of the river in the zone called Serpent’s eye. It seems even the Gods shone upon us and sent a holy emissary to battle it and help us to escape.

I had the opportunity to study them during the battle and I have gathered some more strategical information about its powers and abilities, in particular the arcane ones, for I was able to identify many of the spells it used against the angel. Unfortunately I have to report that the battle seemed to have turned into the abyssal creature’s favor, even if I didn’t see the angel falling, we saw soon after a column of light that pierced the clouds, like an entity returning to the skies.

The only good news to report is that many refugees are safe and sound in Outentown. Lord Dintersan and the members of Most Holy Order survived the battle and are in Outentown as well, tending to the needs of the refugees.

I healed as many as I could and I immediately started to write this letter, which I hope you’ll read soon.

May Ilmater protect us all in these dark times and deliver this land from taint

Your Sister in faith

Adorned Cassandra

18th Nightal, 1363

Astral Fire

Postby Astral Fire » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:07 am

*copies of this letter were sent more than a month ago when the events in the illegal fighting ring occurred. One to each of the Ilmatari representatives: Kelda, Teresa and Garrmin and one to Jerek as Alorn of the Warswords*

My dear Brothers and Sisters,

I'm writing you to report some troubling events that took place in an illegal fighting club I discovered along with other adventurers, after one of the patients of the clinic I treated reported about strange people trying to kidnap strong man and women in the alleys behind the Sailior's Star Inn.
The illagal activity was luckly put to an end. The figthing club was well organized and they also managed to hire many guards who tried to stop us invain. Unfortunately none survived the battle, no matter all the times we ordered them to surrender.
While we were finishing to clear the area, we found a single strange and seemingly mad woman who barricated behind a door in the back room.
She screamed something in Easting, about the fact we would learn the respect towards some sort of witch, if I made the correct translation and then proceeded to pierce her chest with the sword she wielded, despite my warnings to surrender and to lower the weapon.
As soon as she died, I immediately suspected there was dark magic involved, considering it's not the first time I see a death curse or a dark sacrifice. I used the prayer to detect magical auras and I felt a medium conjuring one. In fact, it seems the woman summoned and entity from another plane, but a very strange one.
It was invisible and it affected the environment making the air chilly and even creating a layer of ice on the floor, where a blue and cold flame started to burn. I felt a deep feeling of sadness, emptiness, like a hollow in my stomach and I started also to feel uneasy, like in the presence of something unholy and extremely evil.
Having ran out of the blessings of out beloved Crying God after multiple battles against the slavers, we decided to retreat, consiering we had also no mean to see this creature.
While we ran, we could feel noises smiliar to a whip behind us, followed by a hiss and the chilly air that surrounded the creature.
I used my last energy to try to summon a divine seal, much like I did at the Velvet Chantry months ago, to contain the creature inside the building. I honestly don't know if it worked or not, for it seems to have remained inside the building, but it managed also to make us suffer through the physical barrier and I felt something like a mocking sensation.

Honestly I don't know what we're dealing with, not even if it's more arcane or divine. So I'm writing you to ask to seal the building and put it off-limits and eventually contact the Warwands to further investigate the nature of this manifestation.
If I have the permission, I'll search in the Church archives and tomes as well to see if I can find some information of any kind, or ask the advice of some trusted wizard for this matter.
I'll attach to this letter the exact location of the building

I pray this situation will be soon resolved.

Your Sister in Faith

Cassandra

19th Tarsakh 1364

*follows a list of precise directions about how to reach the place and a detailed description of the building and its rooms*