Correspondence of Louhi Laakkonen

Artifice

Correspondence of Louhi Laakkonen

Postby Artifice » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Over the last few moons, Louhi Laakkonen has sent various letters, missives and requests to the ennobled and the influential of the region. These are some such letters, penned and sent prior to the devastation of Sarshel. Would they have arrived, given the region’s troubles, and if so have they even found an audience?

To the house of Sulyim Nassour
Spoiler:
To the dutiful aide of Sulyim Nassour,

It is with the most sincere of easement that I write to the household of Sulyim Nassour of Oldfeld, for his dedication to the Vigilant One is renowned, and I can think of few more wise nor more honorable in their service to this land.

I am Louhi Laakkonen, former Abbess and standing Lady Scion of the Silver Chalice. I have traveled a great ways across the seas upon hearing of the strife that this ancient nation has faced, trusting in the bonds that seal our faiths and our histories together, so that I might provide my best efforts during this time.

May it please My Lord, I wish to inform your good house of an important effort I believe deserves your attention. An amazing service to the nation is being undertaken, and I believe Your Lordship will wish to bestow recognition upon the very deserving citizens and men and women who undertake it. The domain of Oldfeld is a respected region, and I would like to put forward a most cordial request to our meeting.

A score of citizens and men and women, most respectable, are as we speak working tirelessly to better the state of the region. I am certain that given their work during this time of strife that Your Lordship may seek to grant them favour. Even so, given the recent events, a harsh winter and looming threats we will press ever harder together to see these matters resolved. With your council, we might together strengthen the links between the region of Sarshel and Oldfeld, to the betterment of all our peoples.

Furthermore, my patron foresees the troubles that this land may face in the near future and, though it troubles me, I know that through steadfast determination and wisdom we might persevere and emerge all the stronger for it. Should we meet, I would offer the sanctity of blessing and guidance that Your Lordship deserves, for His ennobled service to Impiltur.

Yours Truly,

L Laakkonen [Signed]

To the house of Ashkyr Relindar
Spoiler:
To the dutiful aide of Ashkyr Relindar,

It is with the most earnest of respect I write to the household of Ashkyr Relindar of Drumaire Manor, knowing of Your Lordship's experience and dedication to the nation of Impiltur.

I am Louhi Laakkonen, former Abbess and standing Lady Scion of the Silver Chalice. I have traveled a great ways across the seas upon hearing of the strife that this ancient nation has faced, trusting in the bonds that seal our faiths and our histories together, so that I might provide my best efforts during this time.

May it please My Lord, I wish to inform your good house of an important effort I believe deserves your attention. An amazing service to the nation is being undertaken, and I believe Your Lordship will wish to bestow recognition upon the very deserving citizens and men and women who undertake it. Your domain in Drumaire Manor is a respected demesne, and I would like to put forward a most cordial request to our meeting.

A score of citizens and men and women, most respectable, are as we speak working tirelessly to better the state of the region. I am certain that given their work during this time of strife that Your Lordship may seek to grant them favour. Even so, given the recent events, a harsh winter and looming threats we will press ever harder together to see these matters resolved. With your council, we might together strengthen the links between the region of Sarshel and Drumaire Manor, to the betterment of all our peoples.

Furthermore, my patron foresees the troubles that this land may face in the near future and, though it troubles me, I know that through steadfast determination and wisdom we might persevere and emerge all the stronger for it. Should we meet, I would offer the sanctity of blessing and guidance that Your Lordship deserves, for His ennobled service to Impiltur.

Yours Truly,

L Laakkonen [Signed]
To the house of Rilwor Slywenn
Spoiler:
To the dutiful aide of Rilwor Slywenn,

It is with compassionate regards that I write to the household of Rilwor Slywenn of Whitsome Bridge, knowing of his reputation for worldliness and kindness to His peoples.

May it please My Lord, I wish to inform your good house of an important effort I believe deserves your attention. An amazing service to the nation is being undertaken, and I believe Your Lordship will wish to bestow recognition upon the very deserving citizens and men and women who undertake it. Your domain in Whitsome Bridge is a respected region, and I would like to put forward a most cordial request to our meeting.

A score of citizens and men and women, most respectable, are as we speak working tirelessly to better the state of the region. I am certain that given their work during this time of strife that Your Lordship may seek to grant them favour. Even so, given the recent events, a harsh winter and looming threats we will press ever harder together to see these matters resolved. With your council, we might together strengthen the links between the region of Sarshel and Whitsome Bridge, to the betterment of all our peoples.

Yours Truly,

L Laakkonen [Signed]
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Holy_Rage

Re: Correspondence of Louhi Laakkonen

Postby Holy_Rage » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Almost a full tenday passes, fruitless and barren, bearing little response to the Lady Scion's missives. It is at the noon of Hammer 10th, that a rather lanky and eager youth seeks the Lady Scion's attention and delivers to her a missive bearing the waxed seal of Lord Rilwor Slywenn.

"With your permission", the boy utters before performing a small bow and sets off for his following errand, leaving Louhi with the rolled and waxed parchment.
Spoiler:
:: In carefully penned letters, black ink, the quality of the vellum is above average, though nothing exceptional ::

"To the Lady Scion of the Silver Chalice,

We hereby take duly note of your kind sentiments addressed to Lord Slywenn and His own and would return our appreciation of such words addressed to Us, as well as the gracious Lord's wish that your sojourn in Impiltur be blessed with the Holy Triad's wisdom and guidance.

Let it be known to you that His Lordship would agree upon a formal conference between my person, Seneschal Andorn and your person as to discuss further upon your request and plans. No more than two (2) members of your retinue may accompany your person in His Lordship's grounds. A tentative date would be settled upon reception of acceptance of the following conditions:

- The full names and titles (if any) of your retinue should be announced beforehand.
- A detailed agenda of the subjects that you would desire to tackle must be provided on your own care and diligence.
- The above information must also be provided regarding your patron, in parlance common to the Kingdom's own.
- Any weapons borne into His Lordship's grounds must be ceremonial or peace-bound.

Should all of the above conditions be agreed upon by means of a written missive on your end, a fixed date shall be offered.

On the orders of His Lordship Rilwor Slywenn, as lawfully and duly bestowed upon my humble person, this 7th Hammer, 1364 DR, Year of the Wave.

Seneschal Andorn

:: The missive ends with an intricate signature of medium size. ::
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame