Merry - Majorish Overhaul

Moderator: Aethereal

Lantsi

Merry - Majorish Overhaul

Postby Lantsi » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:39 pm

Although Merry was always supposed to be a rogue/wizard hybrid since her creation, I've since realised that she tends toward the wizard half of that little equation. That said, I was hoping to get a re-level from level 1 or, if it's easier, make another character and have the experience given to that character. Most of her major aspects will be the same or similar (such as her skills allocations and feats), but the path to her level 8 will change to show her split focuses as well as favour wizard levels in place of rogue ones. Aside from that, the only other change I would like is a shift from (baseline) 16 dex and 14 int, to 14 dex and 16 int (with the attributes from leveling going into dexterity).

In summary, she is currently on path to be 5 rogue/3 wizard (with wizard levels interspersed) and I wish to change it instead to 3 rogue/5 wizard (with rogue levels interspersed), along with a shift of 2 points from dexterity to intelligence.

Apologies for the big ask so soon after the last one.

Also, I'm aware that in either version of this overhaul, she will lose the spells she learned from scrolls but I don't mind that.

EDIT: Forgot to mention if there's a remake that she has 1 point of wisdom damage from a recent death.

EDIT2: The more I think about this, the more I feel like the easier option would be to transfer her items and experience to a recreated version of her, considering the intelligence shift and her prior skill changes. If given the option between the two, I this is the option I'd prefer.

EDIT3: A quick copy/paste from a chat on her skills with Talisman.
At level 6, she'll have 6 in the following skills.
Appraise
Bluff
Balance
Escape Artist
Perception
Search
Sleight of Hand
Disable trap
Set Trap
Stealth

5 in the following
Spellcraft
Geography

4 in Arcana**
1 in concentration
Last edited by Lantsi on Wed May 18, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Talisman
Builder

Re: Merry - Majorish Overhaul

Postby Talisman » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:27 am

Hi there, we are happy to work towards this update to Merry but are unable to approve the request in its current form. We need Note #2 below to be satisfied and all questions below answered to proceed.

Please consider the list of notes and questions below:

NOTES:
1. This will be done as a re-level rather than a from scratch rebuild. This means that you will not need to create a clone of the character or lose experience points.
2. We have a policy rule that ability score losses must be restored by greater restoration before ability score adjustments can occur during a LETO request.
3. This LETO Request does not include feat changes. If you do need to include them, please make those updates. Note that we are keen on her keeping the Sailor feat for her background.
4. We'd like to convey that typically we'll only grant one such major overhaul per character, so please be certain of your decision.

QUESTIONS:
1. We need a list of the spells they selected upon level up so that the same ones are chosen.
2. We require details on skill updates (i.e. your plans for how they will land and why you chose them) reflecting increased INT from level 1 and loss of Rogue level

Thank you for the patience! Looking forward to your response.

Lantsi

Postby Lantsi » Wed May 18, 2022 7:09 pm

I forgot to add stuff on the topic of spells.

At 1st level, she took Retreat, Mage Armour, PvA, and Magic Weapon
For 2nd level spells, I was going to take Arcane Specialty and Lesser Dispel but wanted to do some testing.

After the rework, her 1st level spells will stay the same.
She'll take Arcane Specialty, Lesser Dispel, Ghostly Visage, Resist Elements for her 2nd level spells

With her hitting level 7, she'll also take a 5th level of Wizard, add 2 more points to Spellcraft, and the spells Greater Magic Weapon, and Magic Circle Against Alignment.

Her Wizard Bonus Feat would be put into Craft Wand.

Aethereal
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Aethereal » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:24 pm

Approved for a re-level. Arrangements are being handled for the LETO to take place. I will update this post when it is fully actioned.

Aethereal
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Aethereal » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:46 am

Completed as planned (and discussed):

1) Rogue - Sneak Attack I, Feat: Sailor
2) Wizard - Familiar, Scribe Scroll
3) Wizard - Feat: Weapon Finesse
4) Wizard - Attribute: Dexterity
5) Wizard - Bonus Wizard Feat: Craft Wand
6) Rogue - Evasion, Feat: Expertise
7) Wizard -

Skills switched accordingly. I approved Expertise at 6th level as Spellsword was unavailable due to not being an arcane class.