Yatiraj Diebsen - Feat change & Re-level

Moderator: Aethereal

OldGrouch
DM

Yatiraj Diebsen - Feat change & Re-level

Postby OldGrouch » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:57 pm

Having been made aware of my misinterpretation of the rules, Yatiraj's initial plan needs to be changed. He was initially supposed to end up with 2 monk and 2 rogue levels, and so I had already taken Ambidexterity and Two Weapon Fighting.

Given that he will need more monk levels than originally planned to be legal, he will be getting access to Ambidexterity with his 4th level, something I would have taken into account had I realised, so now he has a superfluous feat, given that his entire shtick is that he uses two kama-esque weapons for several sneak attacks in very select situations, and that we only get a very limited set of feats, having taken an unnecessary one is a serious blow.

Because of this, I request that the feat Ambidexterity be changed to Skill Focus: Sneak.

An added request is to allow a re-level, and change 1 rogue level into monk. This is partly because of fun, and partly to not get too great a dissonance between his abilities before and after the LETO. What little planning I do for builds is shaped around achieving the 'fun' of the character as soon as possible, regardless of power level. Yati's core-concept is intended to have a lot of sneak attacks while dual-wielding, he had this (albeit at low ab) all the way from 3rd level.

Losing Ambidexterity will set him back from having that ability by 8000 xp, at my pace that is about year's time before he reaches that same potential, which he won't otherwise have until he can get his 4th monk level (at earliest level 7 as he is right now). That is a serious killjoy as well as discrepancy between him at 3rd level and 7th, I would like to have a little more consistency. It is true that he will gain a monk level out of the blue, but given my general levelling pace I will be more comfortable justifying that through rp than not being as capable at what his core ability is for a year's time.

Aethereal
Administrator, Builder, DM

Re: Yatiraj Diebsen - Feat change & Re-level

Postby Aethereal » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:10 am

This relevel seems acceptable, in light of the character plan becoming unintentionally illegal - in particular taking the extra monk level earlier will actually better contribute to upholding his divine class requirements so it supports both bringing the character in to conform with the rules and for fun, that's a win-win.

Aethereal

Postby Aethereal » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:18 am

Completed, but awaiting next reset to confirm the Skill Focus: Stealth change is functioning correctly.

Aethereal

Postby Aethereal » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:52 am

Server reset fixed the stealth issue. Archived.