NWCX launcher Crashing

For reporting various bugs found in the module.
FairyMaster

NWCX launcher Crashing

Postby FairyMaster » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:44 pm

I've just recently downloaded every hak for this server but had to download NWCX as well because of funny gibberish on character creation.

Now everytime I log into server and try to play my char it stops working and closes.

Whats the problem?What should I do?

Silver Snow

Re: NWCX launcher Crashing

Postby Silver Snow » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Have you tried starting it in Administrator? As you were able to log in earlier I assume your haks are in order. Are all the files for the launcher where they should be, in Override?

FairyMaster

Postby FairyMaster » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:10 pm

I did!Yes Ive logged in before.
Which files are you talking about?All hak files are in haks folder.
The tlk is in tlk folder.

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:15 pm

So, you should also have the Override.7z downloaded and its contents within your current override folder. The contents from the nwncx.7z should just go in the nwn main folder, alongside the actual .exe for the game. If all that is in order and it's still not working, do this:
Make a test pc, ignore the gibberish, and finish creation, log into the game. Then, log out, make the PC you actually intend to make, and follow through. Shouldn't be gibberish anymore now that you have one character made and all the overrides are loaded right.

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 am

If you have NWNCX, you do not need to download the override files. They are a workaround, in case you do not have or are unable to use NWNCX. For example, it may not work on a different operating system or something. Using NWNCX is the advised method.

Are you using the NWNCX Loader to launch the game? You need to start the game using that or NWNCX will not do its thing.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Postby Loreweaver » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:56 am

It's also worth noting that NWNCX is useful for character creation, but not needed to play a character you've already created.