Encumbrance and Carrying Capacity

For reporting various bugs found in the module.
SpiralBright

Encumbrance and Carrying Capacity

Postby SpiralBright » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:16 pm

There might be a bug/exploit related to encumbrance and carrying capacity.

Cardano Marl has a rented property with a storage that doesn't persist over a reset, and I have been using it to store items during in-game time and having to take all those items out of storage and hold onto them in Cardano's inventory before I log out to ensure that they remain.

I have observed over the past few weeks within the property that although he is heavily encumbered and has far exceeded the carrying capacity to move, he is actually still able to move sometimes. During normal gameplay outside of the property, this is not the case as hitting that limit stops movement and when I log into the server after a reset, Cardano is unable to move with all the weight in the welcome/starting area. I have not seen this bug/exploit replicated outside of the property though.

I don't quite have the specifics on why it occurs. I am only aware that when I receive the "can't move over X pounds" message on the property, Cardano may or may not be able to move. It may be related to the items coming in/out of storage itself, logging in/out with the items, or the dropping/picking up of items.

For reference, the highest amount of weight Cardano has moved was around 560 pounds; Cardano couldn't move with it at the welcome/starting area with witnesses seeing that he couldn't move with the weight, but after arriving at the property, he still couldn't but I believe dropping at least one item and picking it back up gave him the ability to move despite the sheer weight.

In this example, he did receive Bull's Strength to help move but the soft limit was around ~240 pounds and he still exceeded the heavy carrying capacity--I believe--having to drop and pick up items to make it to the portal. Normal strength for him is 17.
Ryldor Werther of Dilpur, Lord Helimbraun's Warsword
Hashard Kurant Vhelacleln, Triadic Priest of House Essldyr
Mill Marsby, poet and playwright.

Cardano Marl Sal Polani, Mercenary Fighter of The Stalwart Guard (Retired)

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Re: Encumbrance and Carrying Capacity

Postby Loreweaver » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:09 am

This is most likely because you won't be weighed down to the point of immobility when you are in town. It's an exception to help you sell the party's loot.