Persistent Storage

For reporting various bugs found in the module.
Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Persistent Storage

Postby Loreweaver » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:00 am

OldGrouch wrote:Good evening,

Sagi has experienced an unfortunate bug where he made use of Felix' locker rental service. The locker allows itself to be rented, unlocked and opens the shop where items can be put in, but the conversation locks up there and when the character moves to get out of the conversation, the items put in are lost.

This led to Sagi losing his 'Breastplate of Absorption', which I find rather unfortunate as it was the sole purpose of having rented a locker to avoid dragging it around until he found a buyer for it and I was rather enjoying the roleplay with it so far. I would appreciate any help with this.

Sincerely,

OldGrouch

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Re: Persistent Storage

Postby Loreweaver » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:03 am

This issue may arise when you reopen a locker immediately after closing it, or possibly during a lag spike.

The script needs a second to save locker contents and clear out the locker for the next user. Interrupting the process means the previous contents are removed, while new ones aren't being loaded. Then when you close the locker, your stored items are overwritten with emptiness. As long as the locker remains open, a DM may still be able to salvage the contents.

The armour has been restored and we'll work on a fix. I don't forsee problems with 'regular' use of lockers, but as always it's wise to keep important items in your own inventory (excepting pickpocket conventions) or to test a system like this with replacable junk before committing things of value.