Nazara Izbraxx: Feat Swap Weapon Focus (greatsword)/Knockdown to Weapon Focus (Halberd) and Cleave

Moderator: Aethereal

Lady_Crimson_42

Nazara Izbraxx: Feat Swap Weapon Focus (greatsword)/Knockdown to Weapon Focus (Halberd) and Cleave

Postby Lady_Crimson_42 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm

I just recently realized the server changes benefits made to weapons like halberd and spear and realized it might be a lot more fitting for my character who serves more as a protective guard to have a guard weapon like a halberd with its reach to ward off foes. I believe it might also be more in theme with Thayan culture rather than a greatsword since it's more common with gnolls I think. (At least according to Baldurs Gate), where gnolls are heavily involved in the Thayan cities as guards.

I was first leaning more default weapons like longswords and greatswords for my characters as more likely to find, but with the server possibly being distributed on weapon options I thought it might be good to go for it and see what happens.

I've been using the halberd already to try it out without having it as my weapon focused weapon, and I think it's a pretty fitting option.

Likewise I just recently got the feat knockdown and want to exchange it for cleave. I wasn't sure what feat I wanted and I may still go back to knockdown at level 6, but with how it currently applies I wasn't so sure I liked it.

Since knockdown has been changed from the default version it doesn't activate till you're already fighting someone, you have have to wait a round as well as the fact that they're more likely to resist the knockdown with a strength check too since that's changed from default. (and most of the foes I'm fighting right now tend to be killed in a single hit should it land).

I sort of over-looked cleave but I think it would be a lot more fitting of a feat for my character dealing with warding off groups of opponents.

Lady_Crimson_42

Re: Nazara Izbraxx: Feat Swap Weapon Focus (greatsword)/Knockdown to Weapon Focus (Halberd) and Cleave

Postby Lady_Crimson_42 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:52 pm

As I hit level 4, I chose weapon focus halberd to show my dedication to this swap.

I now need to change weapon focus great sword to weapon specialization halberd.

Entheogen
DM

Re: Nazara Izbraxx: Feat Swap Weapon Focus (greatsword)/Knockdown to Weapon Focus (Halberd) and Cleave

Postby Entheogen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Completed.
  • Entheo Genesthe - Retired, Swordhall Proprietor, Vassal of Swordcaptain Lady Rilaunyr
  • Varðr Sigurdsson - Martyr's Progeny, (eventually) Golden Lion, (eventually) Champion of Torm
  • Essuh Terik - Arcanist of Erudition, Meta-Mage, Arcane Crafter
  • Umbra - Thief, Scout-Informant, Assassin