Richart Carr - Skill and Language Change (New)

Moderator: Aethereal

Haymarket

Richart Carr - Skill and Language Change (New)

Postby Haymarket » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:14 pm

How do!

I am requesting an alignment shift from TN to NE. Whilst not murder-hoboing his way across Impiltur (yet!), Richart being the proper Narfell descendent of a daemon cult and carrying the representative bloodline, is actively seeking relics, history, lore, evil death rituals, or otherwise spooky magic bits. Not much will get in his way of achieving what he believes to be a blood rite short of his own shortcomings (Level 2) but hopefully he lives long enough to potentially multiclass into Nar Daemonbinder and/or establish a proper crew of evil folks who seed their garden too late in the season or complain about the price of their neighbors lemonade stand.

Why the shift? Well, the plan was for him to make a slow descent towards Avernus as he starts unlocking power but I feel like that is too dependent on DM fiat or actively watching the character and frankly, he already *knows* what he wants and who he is and what he wants to be. I'd rather make him evil at the jump and deal with the requisite fallout of his Paladin overlords reading his alignment Tinder profile.

Hopefully this works for the DM team but I am happy to elaborate on my request.
Last edited by Haymarket on Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haymarket

Re: Richart Carr - Alignment Shift and Feat Change

Postby Haymarket » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:41 pm

Additionally, in discussing with other players the Daemonbinder PrC, I was told the Sorcerer class is not ideal as the PrC prevents them from advancing in spells. Richart is not built as a powerhouse character, but I did not realize this fact when I took the Spell Penetration Feat in preparation for the prerequisite Feat for the Prestige Class. I would like to continue his progression as a pure Sorcerer.

Would it be possible to change this Feat to Spell Focus (Illusion) - I had already planned on focusing on Illusion spells (along with Fire and Acid) to reflect his Abyssal Origin.

Thanks for considering!

Haymarket

Postby Haymarket » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:52 pm

A friendly bump to this post to see if there was any resolution forthcoming.

Appreciate it and thanks :)

OldGrouch
DM

Postby OldGrouch » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:38 am

Approved. I'll try to catch you in game and we can sort it out.

OldGrouch
DM

Postby OldGrouch » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:39 pm

Resolved.

Haymarket

Re: Richart Carr - Skill and Language Change (New)

Postby Haymarket » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:42 am

Hey team, another request - and hopefully this is the end of it!

I was hoping for a few small changes that are more in line with how Richart is played.

First - he has cross classed 6 points (I believe) into Balance for reasons I am not entirely aware of. I was hoping to redistribute those points to match more IC with how he is currently RP'd and to reflect his background.

I hope to remove the 6 points from Balance and instead increase:

Knowledge (Arcana) by 3 and Knowledge (Planes) by 3

Second - I was both new to the language system and had taken a nearly decade break from NWN and the FR. I took the languages Damaran, Easting and Abyssal to reflect his background, and then slapped on Elven because I wasn't sure what else to take (and to date has never been RP'd in game). Regrettably, I was not aware that Naric was more relevant to the character at the time.

With this in mind, I'd like to remove Elven and replace it with Naric.

I hope these changes are reasonable :)

Thank you!

Talisman
Builder

Postby Talisman » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:59 am

Approved. Please find me in game for changes or DM me some availability. I can make time on some weekday eves and always on weekends.

Talisman
Builder

Postby Talisman » Mon May 02, 2022 8:52 pm

This is done and dusted. Pew pew!