Manishie - Skill changes

Moderator: Aethereal

Poisonous

Manishie - Skill changes

Postby Poisonous » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:17 am

Hello there! It's me, the worst builder in the world. My latest monstrosity is Manishie, whose skills unfortunately do not reflect my intentions for her well. I apologize in advance if I am accidentally requesting too many or too few points, but I thiiiink it is all correct.

Below are the skills I am requesting to be dropped, the number of points to be dropped (assuming I did the math right), and the reasons.

Appraise 6 points - I was used to my last server using Appraise as its ID/Lore skill, and didn't really stop and read the skill description. A few people on the server can attest my complete confusion over not being able to identify anything. You'd think all of the Knowledge skills might have clued me in, but you'd be underestimating me.
Diplomacy 2 points - I swear I put more than 2 points into this but, anyway, Manishie is currently not very diplomatic and in retrospect this wasn't a good choice. She may someday become diplomatic, when that day comes I will put points into it.
Sleight of Hand 3 points - I originally envisioned a scrappier Manishie, capable of sneaking around, but that didn't really wind up being who she was once I settled into her background and style. As it stands, it doesn't fit her at all and likely never will.

The skills I would like to add:

Sense Motive 4 points - She's a little invested but I'd like her to be more. It fits her focus on Spirit Caller, and is an appropriate social skill given her personality.
Knowledge: Religion 7 points - Another Knowledge skill is her primary skill, however I feel this one fits well with both her background and her future development as a Spirit Caller well.

11 points exchanged, in total. I did not spend points on my 5th level, so she should have points left over regardless.

Thank you for your consideration!
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Poisonous

Re: Manishie - Skill changes

Postby Poisonous » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Apologies for adding onto this, but if I'm going to do this once I may as well do it right...

I would also like the following spell changes to be considered. I chose them with a poor understanding of my class build and the TER environment. As bard has very limited spell slots to choose within, and her multiclass build provides her with no opportunity to change them, I am left only to ask for some forgiveness for my early mistakes and to change them retroactively.

Level 1
Identify -> Protection from Evil
There's really no need for her to have the spell when she herself is great at IDing things thanks to being a bard with Knowledge, and there are merchants who can do this. I took this without really realizing that fact, and it's resulted in a gimpy build being even sadder (though I enjoy my underpowered builds, I nevertheless would like to not accidentally gimp them further~)

Level 2
Bull's Strength -> Invisibility
Manishie is not a strength-based character, I suppose I took this thinking it could be useful for carrying things, but I did so under the impression I was going to be able to take Invisibility on my first Spirit Caller level, as I misunderstood the spell progression aspect of SC. As Invisibility is more important to me, I'd like to switch this since I cannot take another spell like I thought I would.

Thank you for your consideration!
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Talisman
Builder

Postby Talisman » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:39 pm

Skill component of request complete. Will check with team regarding spells

Talisman
Builder

Postby Talisman » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:05 am

Regarding the second part of this request, we want to make sure you understand the functionality of Invisibility a Protection from Evil on TER before we go forward with this request, so you do not end up unhappy with your choices.

Namely, the facts I would like to make you aware of:

INVISIBILITY: It automatically is stripped from your PC when they move 25 meters from casting location. https://easting.fandom.com/wiki/Invisib ... ?so=search

PROTECTION FROM EVIL: It does not make you immune to Mind Spells (instead gives +3 bonus to saves) and only provides benefits for the selected Alignment when casting the spell. Alignment options when casting are these four: include all Evil, all Good, all Chaos, all Lawful.
https://easting.fandom.com/wiki/Protect ... _Alignment

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Sun May 01, 2022 6:54 pm

Hi Talisman,

Thank you for the warning! I admit I didn't realize. I still want to switch out Identify for Protection from Evil, but I think I'll give up on Invisibility and stick to Bull's.

Aethereal
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Aethereal » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:27 am

This LETO request, specifically for the spell swap of Identify for Protection from Evil has been approved. I'd be happy to handle the LETO with you in-game sometime.