DMing for NA timezones

For things relating to the setting which doesn't fit in development, bugs or feedback.
Talisman
Builder

DMing for NA timezones

Postby Talisman » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:11 am

Hey guys! I'm going to jump right into it:

Most of our older players know me, but if you don't my name is Talisman and I'm an NA player and DM. I play Elis Cairnestone and Ginny Sureshot mostly, and have been something of a spectral presence for the previous six months due to life. However, summer's here! So it's time to gear up and play some TER! With the majority of our DMs playing during European hours, I'd like to focus this summer on DMing for our late night Euro and NA players.

On that point, I'd like to set aside a specific time once (or sometimes twice) a week during NA hours for planned DM events. These events could either be completely developed by me or be results of your own characters' planning to do something. Ideally, I'd shoot for Thursday-Saturday but I can easily make myself available for any day that is particularly popular among you if I know in advance! So I'd like to ask our NA players (and late night Euros) what sort of times they're generally available, or rather when they'd most like to participate in planned events. (If we can report all our times in EST (GMT-5) for simplicity, that'd be super)

Furthermore, I'd like to help our NA and late night Euro players develop their characters, so if you have any ideas you'd like to pursue for your characters (within reason, given the setting, rules, ect.) I can help with that (If you're already working on a specific something for your character with others DMs, please continue working on that with them to avoid unnecessary complications. I can always take on new stories for your character). Also, I'll be popping on throughout the week as a DM during NA hours and will likely DM organically (as in not artificially throwing in a new objective or quest) for whatever your players happen to be doing at that time, or have the odd impromptu event (where there will be that more typical, artificially made quest).

Feel free to PM me specifically (Don't group send to all DMs. It piles our inbox fast for us!) if you need or want any kind of DM serving (like finalizing a LETO request or changing a head or whatever) or attention (RP!) during NA hours, and I'll do my best to get to you. Even though I am much more free this summer, I do still have a lot of other things I want to accomplish this summer, so I'm probably going to limit myself to 9-12 hours of DMing a week to keep myself productive in RL! Thanks for the read! :D

P.S.: Sorry for all the parenthesis, I kinda went crazy with them :3 Also, if I'm on during peak EU hours I probably want to take the chance to be a player for a few hours, but that doesn't mean I can't quickly pop over to the DM client to help you with an emergency (i.e. stuck character, bad bug, ect.). I'm also pretty open to be PMed during these hours to talk about any requests or ideas you have for when I am on to DM.
Last edited by Talisman on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Snow

Re: DMing for NA timezones

Postby Silver Snow » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:51 am

My worst nights, the ones that I have the highest chance of not being around for due to other responsibilities, are going to be Friday and Saturday. Now, with some pre-planning, still not impossible. Else, Thursdays are fairly functional days for me, and with some advance notice so are other weekdays. I tend to not go past 1am EST, but 2am is sort of my actual hard limit. As far as start times, anything earlier than 8 is iffy even if I try to plan for it.

Toros

Postby Toros » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:14 am

I can be around 10pm-1am pretty reliably. Earlier and later is doable but not easy.

Also, I play Galondel.

Ostheim

Postby Ostheim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm east coast to the bone, so your hours are bound to work just fine with mine. Very glad to read this.
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:05 pm

I can make most of those nights work at about any time.

Baldgeek

Postby Baldgeek » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:02 pm

East Coast here! 8-)
I tend to log in around 6pm or 7pm (EST) depending on what's going on.
"Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you." - Tasslehoff Burrfoot

Character: Trish Winterbrooke: halfling ranger, herbalist, woodcrafter, follower of Sheela Peryroyl and proud owner of some unkempt strawberry blonde hair ...