1) Area Access
You know how we need rope to access certain areas? What about adding more items like that?
- Mountain passes that require climbing spikes/kit?
- Collapsed tunnels that can only be cleared with picks.
- Doors with no handle that need a crowbar to open.
- Underground sea that requires a compass to navigate. See Glimmersea below.
- Dungeons that require keys (one time or otherwise) to access.
2) Area Access Cont. (Class/Race)
A different branch of the same idea, what about classes/races having special access?
- Ranger Trails, shortcuts that only they can find.
- Fey Crossroads / Backroads for Druids/Elves. (Maybe Bards and Sorcerers with Fey Heritage)
- Secret Dwarven Tunnels that only the smaller races can fit in, but only Dwarves can find.
- Inactive portals that can only be operated by Wizards of sufficient power AND require special components.
3) Area Ideas
Where to build next?
- Laviguer Road Expansion leading toward Laviguer / Vordric Dun.
- The Upland wilds (North / Northeast of Vlasta).
- Lake Vlasta Island.
- Easting Coast south towards Hlammach.
- Glimmersea, beneath the Long Dark into the Deep Dark, with its own challenges and unique aspects.
- The "Deep Dark" a few special high risk areas where the Long Dark descends deeper than usual aka Crystal Caves.
- Expand the Earthfast/Earthspurs.
4) Creature Ideas
Potential new creatures to encounter.
- Frost Giants. Perhaps hidden behind a new climbing spike area in the far reaches of the mountains.
- Illithid lair in the Deep Dark. Don't let them suck your brains out.
- Aboleths to inhabit regions of the Glimmersea.
5) Item Ideas
- A book or item that simulates the feat ritual magic that is expendable and must be replaced like the identifier tool. Mages only.
- Some partial items that need to be hunted down in order to repair / combine them into a useable full item.
- A wizard staff that is unique to PC (extremely high crafting/buying cost?) and cannot be dropped/traded with 1/day sequencer.
6) Systems / Overhaul Ideas
- Update the camping system to require survival checks + camping supplies to make rest areas functional.
(Allow PCs to share a bedroll/tents but make them have a durability potentially? (Goldsinks yay!))
- Heavy armor should come with a minor movement speed penalty, as well as great shields.
- Expand poison availability, hidden merchant?
- Environmental damage in certain areas. (cold, fire, poison, etc.)
To Be Continued...