Royal Census: logouts and character level

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
mf_hansen

Royal Census: logouts and character level

Postby mf_hansen » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:59 pm

Suggestion: show character level in the Discord royal-census channel, and show when character logs out also. Bonus points if players can somehow type filter-commands to the census bot so they only see notifications for certain level ranges or player/character names (but this bonus part probably cannot be done).

Justification: some players only have low level characters, making exploration/combat with max level characters non-fruitful for most involved. Being able to see at a glance when characters near your level range log in might start a ripple effect of many low level players logging in at the same time, rather than such players just assuming everyone else is playing a max level character, and therefore never logging in (making it difficult to have new players stick with the server unless they are part of a coordinated group in same timezone).

Personally I'm enjoying the server enormously, just been a busy week and weekend with lots of work IRL but if I see such census notifications, it might inspire me to slack off work/responsibilities more, and jump into Sarshel with a character for a short while :D

Kerstman

Re: Royal Census: logouts and character level

Postby Kerstman » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 pm

I have nothing against this suggestion at all, but I do have some considerations that might help you and others even more with logging on when you see a certain posse IG, even if you don't know their level.

- Me and plenty of people who have played for a longer time at TER have lower level alts. As mentioned in another discussion, sending tells to organize some rp or a dungeon crawl is really quite fine here. So, even if you see some vague names IG you can still consider to drop IG and send a hi. Certainly, they might be occupied or they might be higher level. It could also just be so someone is loitering and happy to switch to a lower level PC.

- Don't want to brag, but for me it takes maybe 10 seconds to boot the game to the player vault where I can see the levels of PC's. I know some people have older PC's and it might take longer, but I find it is not much of an effort to boot the game to have a peek.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Krivoklat

Re: Royal Census: logouts and character level

Postby Krivoklat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:42 am

I second that. If you know you are going to be online on a particular day, or a particular day-part... shooting a note in the discord that says, "Hey yall I'm fixin to log in at about 8pm'ish (US eastern) if there's anyone thinking of doing the same!"

--you can cut past that if you want. ;)

jk

but seriously... I used to run a regular Thursday lowbie run for 3-5 hours last winter/spring. It was quite successful for a good while until life got in the way. It was easy and fun to get anywhere from 3-9 people all of low levels and run amuck together for a few hours.
Zokaan (Dr); Sevin (Ra) ; Mercuria (Pa) ; Mister Web (Ro): Kodiak (SC)

Unit of beauty required to launch 1 ship = 1 millihelen