Disguises or disguise kits

Share an idea or post some constructive criticism for the server.
Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Disguises or disguise kits

Postby Loreweaver » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:42 am

Author: Yakon [ Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:48 pm ]

Would there be any use for this on the server?

For example classes like bards/harper scouts/assassins.

Being able to disguise themselfs so not to give away their real appearance.
Or to avoid wearing a hood and other suspicious ornements in public, because that always makes people suspicious.

----------

Author: Loreweaver [ Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:38 pm ]

Could you elaborate? How do you picture such a kit or disguise working?

----------

Author: Fergoose [ Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:21 pm ]

*thinks a generic human head shaped helm would be a very good item, on condition it had some very challenging user criteria so that such a powerful ability is as rare as hens teeth (e.g. at least two out of bluff 10+, street smarts feat, CHA 14+, perform 10+ etc).*

----------

Author: Yakon [ Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:58 pm ]

As in a tool that would change your description while using the so called "disguise".
Or any idea of like concealing ones appearance.

Basicly for sombody who is like for example a spy of some sorts.
Who hides his personal appearance to public or visa versa.

And what about fake papers and documentation (taxes and things related)

----------

Author: Loreweaver [ Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:27 pm ]

As player, you do have the option to change the name and description of any item in your inventory, as well as your character's description. So I'm happy to say that yes, we have that possibility.
Disguise success can be determined by opposed Bluff and Sense Motive rolls.

There should be a few head-shaped helmet appearances around, though they might not appear particularly convincing.

What we do not have at the moment is the power to change the name floating over your character's head.

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Voicecommand /Togglehood

Postby Loreweaver » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:58 am

Author: DonPC [ Thu May 07, 2015 1:52 pm ]

I'm a wacko for IC flair and I throughoughly enjoy being able to customize my character wherever I can. Which leads me to this;

A toggle hood command!

While I'm aware there're CEP hoods ingame, they (in my opinion!) look awful!

So. Here goes.

Humans have a "hooded head" available to them, both male and female. (an example, elves have them too. I believe so do dwarves with the CEP headsets)

With the togglehood command players could get this neat looking headset until they toggle it off again, returning to their normal headset. It's not immersion breaking, since they'll just be wearing a normal looking.. hood.

Thoughts?

----------

Author: Hagra [ Thu May 07, 2015 1:56 pm ]

Could you not just use the helmet hood, and quickslot it?

----------

Author: DonPC [ Thu May 07, 2015 4:06 pm ]

I know I can. It's just.. they look horrible. :oops: Even when I'm wearing a hood, I show my face haha. I don't know, it's just a thing I've seen around and liked a lot.

Not really something that has to be done. Just flair.

----------

Author: Copper Dragon [ Thu May 07, 2015 4:24 pm ]

Sounds like a fun but low priority addition. Maybe the team will give it some thought, though it is already fun that having a hood or helmet equiped in a dungeon helps you out a tiny bit.

As it stands a lot of the voice commands are already useful, too; just saying this here because I am unsure if it has been outright said before.

I like the idea, DonPC! Even if in my case I would have preferred the hood-helmet to be the "look" that gets toggled on/off, rather than different headmodels (like the hooded human male head whose face you still see). Having to carry around extra hood-helmets for whatever cloak you are wearing gets a little heavy for those of us who keep multiple cloaks for multiple occasions...
I speak more in the name of fellow fashionistas, I suspect.

~ Copper

----------

Author: Kilaana [ Thu May 07, 2015 5:10 pm ]

Do you have a resource to point us to for these hoods?

I think I know what you might be referring to, but they belong to another PW and I'm not sure the models are free for use outside of that PW.

----------

Author: Loreweaver [ Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:01 pm ]

While I like the idea, the problem with this one is that suitable head models are not available for all genders and races. Elves and halflings we could cater to, gnomes and humans (and half-elves therefore) have partial coverage, dwarves and half-orcs can't play along.
Even if we settle for hoods rather than hood/mask combinations (which do a much better job of disguising the fact that the faces often have entirely different shapes) full coverage is not possible without finding extra resources somewhere.

Now, we could just say "too bad for the half-orcs, that's no reason to deny everyone else a toggle." But since we have awful equippable hoods already I think the basic functionality is there and it would only be right to set some standards and ensure that updates are of much better quality across the entire board.

CluelessNoob

Re: Disguises or disguise kits

Postby CluelessNoob » Fri May 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Did the stance on this subject change? :)